Will home remedies for scalp psoriasis actually work, or are they just another scam? This is a very common question that many people wonder and the actual truth may surprise you a bit.
Psoriasis is a painful and irritate in condition to begin with, but having it in your scalp can be enough to drive you mad. This severe itching and soreness are enough to make you want to scratch the skin off your head, and the symptoms can become much worse. Maybe this is why so many people are turning to home remedies for scalp psoriasis.
Home remedies are a great inexpensive way to alleviate some of the symptoms with this condition, but you need to understand that they will not cure it completely. If you suffer with a mild form of scalp psoriasis, then experimenting with home remedies may provide you with the relief you need.
5 Home Remedies To Provide Scalp Relief
1. If your psoriasis is driving you insane because of the itching, then something as simple as applying ice cubes on your head might do the trick. Ice cubes can help with the inflammation and irritation often associated with this condition.
2. Another good way to prevent a flare-up is to use sulfate free shampoo when you wash your hair. Also, when you're washing your hair make sure you use cool water only. Warm or hot water will only irritate your scalp and it could cause your psoriasis to flare-up even worse.
3. Apple cider vinegar is one of the kings of home remedies, and it is also great for psoriasis in your scalp. It will soothe the burning and inflammation you feel and make your condition much more manageable.
4. You should also consider using Dead Sea salts or Epsom salts because both of these are also good home remedies for scalp psoriasis. Use them on your head when you take your shower and they will help with the swelling and improve your skin condition.
5. The last home remedy for psoriasis of the scalp will not cost you a single penny. Make sure you get enough sunlight on your scalp. The ultraviolet rays from the sun have been proven to help with people that suffer from this condition.
These are five of the best home remedies you should try out if you suffer with psoriasis in your scalp. However, you need to understand that no natural treatment will permanently cure your condition. As a matter of fact, even the medical community is struggling to cure this problem. You should only use these home remedies for scalp psoriasis to ease your symptoms, and you should seek professional help if you have a severe case of scalp psoriasis.