What is the adrenal gland?
Adrenal glands are small, triangular, located on top of the kidneys. They regulate the body’s response to stress through the synthesis of corticosteroids and catecholamines, including adrenaline and cortisol. Inefficient functioning of the adrenal glands can lead to their fatigue.
Because dysfunction of these glands, cortisol levels in the body decreases. And it is necessary to fight against stress and infection. Adrenal insufficiency may give rise to a number of health problems. They can disrupt blood sugar metabolism, leading to fatigue and weakness.
Causes of adrenal fatigue
One of the most common causes and often overlooked is fatigue or severe infection that gives rise to an inflammatory response. Stress, on the other hand, is the most common cause of adrenal glands. Excessive stress may be due to work pressure, job change, death of a loved one, marital problems and / or physical illness.
Other factors that contribute to adrenal stress are feelings of fear, anger, guilt, depression, anxiety, excessive exercise, physical or mental strain, lack of sleep, trauma, surgery, toxic exposure, chronic pain, chronic infection, digestion poor, chronic, low blood sugar and nutritional deficiencies.
Stages of adrenal fatigue
In the first stage, in response to increased stress levels, is secreted higher levels of adrenaline. Adrenal cortex is stimulated to produce cortisol and other hormones.
The second stage, known as adaptation or resistance stage starts when there is constant stress. When excessive levels of adrenal hormones is supported. They are secreted to increase blood sugar levels and blood pressure. Corticosteroids are produced by the adrenal cortex to resistance reaction.
The third stage is known as exhaustion. At this stage, the body’s ability to cope with stress is exhausted. Adrenal hormones drop from excessively high to extremely low. There is adrenal exhaustion. Which means: low tolerance to stress, physical and psychological progressive exhaustion, different diseases and then total collapse.
Symptoms of adrenal fatigue
– Unrefreshing sleep;
– Excessive fatigue and exhaustion;
– Cravings for sweet or salty foods;
– The feeling that you’re overwhelmed and can not handle stress;
– Low resistance, slow recovery after exercise;
– Decreased immune function;
– Difficulty in concentrating;
– Poor digestion;
– Premenstrual syndrome or difficulties developed during menopause;
– Extreme sensitivity to cold;
– Constant low blood pressure;
– Tendency to gain weight and unable to lose;
– Tendency to tremble under pressure;
– High frequency of getting flu and other respiratory diseases;
– Suddenly you feel better after eating, but for a short period;
– Pain in the upper back (cervical) without apparent reason;
– You feel better when stress is relieved, such as when you’re on vacation.
Other signs of adrenal fatigue are different food allergies, palpitations, decreased ability to manage stress, lack of energy, decreased body temperature, hypoglycemia, dry and thin skin, unexplained hair loss, nervousness and dyspepsia (impaired digestion process manifested by pain, bloating and so on).
How do you treat it?
Treatment for adrenal fatigue include a proper diet and lifestyle changes. The diet should contain adequate amounts of protein and complex carbohydrates. Avoid fast food, coffee, sodas and processed foods, tobacco and alcohol. You need to do some exercises such as yoga, deep breathing, walking or meditation. Nutritional supplements are important for nourishing and strengthening the adrenal glands. This will help restore their healthy functioning.
Calivita natural supplements for healthy adrenal glands
– Evening Primrose Oil contributes to the proper functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands. Also, late complications of diabetes, eliminate the unpleasant symptoms associated with the menstrual cycle and acts as a protector of the liver and kidneys.
– Natural Syrup made from Noni fruit, in Noni Liquid supplement form, is very beneficial in stress, anxiety and depression, and provides a good general condition, both physically and mentally, so preventing many diseases and establishing an inner balance.