Are you overweight? Have you tried to diet? Why do I think that Wheatgrass and other so called super foods' can help in the fight against obesity / overweight. Let's first look at some of the symptoms associated with obesity / being overweight.
These include; high blood pressure, heart disease, being overweight, lack of energy, high cholesterol and poor complexion.
Let me explain quickly what Wheatgrass is and where it originates and how I think it can help fight obesity / overweight.
Wheatgrass is a very nutritious food created by growing wheat and cutting the small green wheat shoots when they are between 7 and 10 days old. From these shoots, Wheatgrass is juiced and used as a drink or freeze dried and converted into Wheatgrass powder.
The many benefits of Wheatgrass include:
- It is free from incentives eg colouring, conservative and flavor.
- It helps with weight loss.
- It provides 20% of your daily requirements of Vitamin A in a 2g serving.
- A major benefit of taking Wheatgrass juice is that it is easily digested with little energy.
- It lessens the effect of radiation or too much sun on our skin.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- It has large quantities of Chlorophyll
- It is a naturally rich source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, amino acids (including 9 essential amino acids)
- Wheatgrass is a complete food that contains 98 of the 102 earth elements.
- It helps relieve constipation.
- It has been beneficial in the treatment of cancers.
- It helps the body detox.
- It helps to improve skin condition.
The benefits of Wheatgrass, stated above illustrate how effective the use of Wheatgrass could be in combating obesity / being overweight, particularly, in combating heart disease, high blood pressure and being overweight.
Using Wheatgrass as part of a balanced diet or in combination with other super foods' could help to reduce your calorie intake and lead to a graduate more, healthy lifestyle. Wheatgrass is a cheap food source it is possible to grow in a small space at home in trays on a 7 to 10 day cycle, cut then juiced.
There are many ways to enjoy Wheatgrass, added to water / fruit drink stir thoroughly, and drink, there are many more. If you have not tried Wheatgrass as part of your calorie controlled diet, or if you just want to shape up, wheatgrass is a good all round nutritional supplement. Please remember to consult your doctor / physician if you are on medication or pregnant prior to introducing a new food source into your diet!