Can vitamin B cure depression?
I will present you with the following list of seven facts illustrating the relationship between the B-complex vitamins and mental & emotional disorders, including anxiety, depression, chronic irritability , and certain psychoses. You can then form your own answer to the question posed above; “Can vitamin B cure depression?”
Vitamin B For Depression – 7 Critical Points:
- Your brain uses thiamine (vitamin B1) to convert blood sugar into fuel. When B1 is in short supply, your brain will run out of energy very quickly, paving the way for fatigue, anxiety, depression,
irritability, and suicidal thoughts.
- Niacin, or vitamin B3, must be in ample supply within your body. A minor deficiency will cause agitation & anxiety. A major deficiency will cause dementia & psychosis.
- Vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid, is needed for the uptake of amino acids & acetylcholine, which combine together to prevent depression.
- Serotonin, melatonin, and dopamine are 3 extremely important neurotransmitters in your brain. These keep you feeling good. The more of these in your brain, the better you feel. Vitamin B6 is required to manufacture these crucial neurotransmitters.
- Many doctors and nutritionists believe that most diets do not provide optimal amounts of vitamin B6.
- Perhaps the most serious B-vitamin deficiency is that of vitamin B12. It will lead to an oxygen transport problem known as pernicious anemia, which can cause mood swings, paranoia,
irritability, hallucinations, confusion, dementia, dizziness, heart palpitations, weakness, shortage of breath, and tingling sensations in the extremities. This vitamin becomes more critical as we age.
- B vitamins are destroyed by such things as refined sugar, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. If you regularly indulge in any of these, B vitamin supplementation is absolutely critical.
Vitamin B definitely plays a major role in emotional health. And now, more than ever, supplementation is a good idea. However, please be sure to avoid “synthetic” vitamin supplements at all costs. These are the vitamins you’ll find in your corner grocery or drug store. They are completely useless, if not downright harmful.
You definitely want naturally derived vitamins. Let your B-complex supplement be of a whole-food variety. You can find this in your local health food store, as well as a good online natural supplement store.
In addition to a B-complex supplement, seek out a whole-food multivitamin with chelated minerals, probiotics, and natural enzymes. I also very strongly urge you to pick up a natural antioxidant formula. Green tea and the amazing Acai Berry will take you to the next level and have you feeling phenomenal in no time! For extra measure, St. John’s Wort has also been widely reported to have a positive effect on mood.
Please remember to hydrate, as well. 4 to 6 liters of purified water every day will give you a tremendous advantage! Do NOT overlook the power of one of Earth’s greatest resources. Water is life!
I whole-heartedly believe that the information you’ve just read will absolutely transform you if you’re willing to give it a try! Thank you for reading.