The vital warning signs of a heart attack are:
1. Pain in Chest: The most important indicator of heart attack is pain in the chest. The person could feel slight to sever discomfort in the chest area that could last for a few minutes. It could be accompanied by pain, burning sensation or a feeling of tightness in the chest.
2. Discomfort in the Upper Part of the Body: Sometimes, the pain from the chest could radiate to the upper part of the body. The person may feel mild or intense pain in the back, shoulders, throat, neck, upper stomach and arms.
3. Fatigue: A general feeling of tiredness and exhaustion that extends for longer periods of time. Body fatigue and shortness of breath are the most common symptoms of a possible cardiac arrest, especially in women.
4. Excessive Sweating: Another indicator of heart trouble is sweating in excess even when the person is not actively doing anything. Sometimes women may have night sweats.
5. Gastrointestinal Problems: Mild gastrointestinal (GI) disorders could be an indication of a heart attack. On an average, it has been observed that older people with GI troubles are more susceptible to cardiac problems.
6. Persistent Cough: Continuous wheezing or coughing could indicate that there is something wrong with your body and needs to be checked immediately.
7. Irregular Pulse: When the heart is working itself up trying to circulate blood through your body, it could have an adverse effect on the cardiac muscle. Then its pumping rhythm could go out of tandem. You don’t have to worry about a skipped beat, sudden irregular pulse or rapid heartbeat, but if it happens often and is accompanied by dizziness and shortness of breath, then it definitely needs to be checked by a doctor.
8. Swelling: Another indicator of heart attack is swelling in the abdomen, feet, ankles or legs.This happens because of fluid accumulation in those places.
9. General Body Weakness: The person may feel very lethargic, weak and tired out, especially on the days before the heart attack. So,if a person who enjoys a good health suddenly feels tired and weak for no concrete reason, they should consult a doctor to get the condition checked.
10. Sudden bouts of nausea, vomiting and breaking out in cold sweat
11. Feeling lightheaded or dizzy
12. Some people even feel that something is going to happen or start getting anxious. Don’t put off their fears, especially if they are showing the other warning signs of a heart attack.