Understanding Ringing Ears From Sinus Congestion

Tinnitus, a condition which is also termed as ringing in the ears, is usually accompanied or rather caused by a lot of medical conditions. One such condition that can cause tinnitus is the sinus congestion. This congestion happens when the openings of the sinus or Eustachian passages are blocked with either polyps or mucous. In the event that a person’s sinuses are blocked, they experience nasal discharges or nasal congestion.  When an individual’s sinuses become blocked, most of the time, they will getringing of the ears. The congestion of the sinus may cause an individual to hear internal sounds without the presence of an actual external source.

Like any other types of tinnitus, sinus ringing ears can also be very annoying.  They can also be a great distraction to a person’s daily activity. Not only does the person need to cope with the burden of the nasal congestion and constant discharges from the nose, he or she is frequently compelled to deal with the bothersome popping, crackling or buzzing sounds as well. With all these events occurring in an individual’s head, there is a great possibility for frustration and being upset. This is why a lot of people who frequently experience problems with their sinuses go for medical surgery to help solve the problem.

If the case of tinnitus is really sinus congestion, this could be lessened right after undergoing a surgery. There are some individuals who deal with their sinus problems with the use of antihistamines, decongestants, and nasal sprays. Some tinnitus sufferers experience sinus congestion brought about by allergy medication and allergies. Once again, if this is a case of your ringing ears, once the problem has been cured, the unusual noises should slowly go away.

If the ear ringing is only likely to appear when there is a sinus infection, then this could be a direct result of congestion, although, if a person observes the presence of tinnitus on a regular basis, it is strongly recommended that they consult a medical doctor. There should be no need to get worried with discussing the problem with a physician, more in particular, an ear specialist.