Bronchitis is quite a known chronic disease. Here are some interesting & basic facts about this ailment.
1. Charles Bedham in 1808 described this disease and called it bronchitis.
2. This disease was quite common even in those days yet the developments in the medicinal field have seen now seen many alternatives to treat the said condition.
3. The pulmonary disorders are rather common among the children. This doesn’t imply that the adults are untouched with the same. As a matter of fact, living in the modern age polluted cities, amidst smokers, industries and racing cars all of us are prone to the disease.
4. In case your bronchi are inflamed, there are chances for you to have bronchitis that is a known obstructive pulmonary disorder or illness.
5. Bronchitis can be divided in to the acute or short term and the chronic or long term category.
6. But how does one come to know that he/she is suffering with bronchitis? For this you must understand the symptoms of this disorder. These are as follows:
i. Expectorating cough
iii. Fatigue and/or Malaise
iv. Mild fever & chest pains
vi. Vibrating chest
7. Bronchitis can happen in all ages.
8. The individuals who suffer with frequent flu & colds often tend to suffer with this condition.
9. In case your immune system is not strong enough, you stand a greater risk of suffering with the major complications such as chronic & asthmatic bronchitis. Also there are chances for pneumonia to settle down in your body quite easily.
10. Bronchitis can be acute or chronic – in order to give the right diagnose and treat the disease well enough, your pulmonary specialist needs to be very detailed in his diagnosis. This would help him understand the disease and ailment better.
11. It is a must for the responsible individual to be aware of the signs & symptoms, so as to judge your acquaintance or family member is exhibiting the bronchitis symptoms. Knowing the symptoms well would help you identify the patient easily and hence seek medical help in time.
12. Like all other ailment, even for bronchitis, it is the best to get treated at an early stage that is when the disease is yet controllable & less problematic.
1. Acute bronchitis’ symptoms are quite similar to flu.
2. It lasts only for a short term.
3. Individuals suffering with the viral infections are often susceptible to the acute bronchitis.
4. This ailment is contagious & generally begins with dry cough that often happens at night. Within a few days, the cough would progress. Quite soon the person would suffer with other symptoms like fever, fatigue, and headache. Curing this cough might take many weeks or many months. This is because healing process in such cases is very slow, especially in your bronchial tubes.
5. In case you are suffering with cough for a month or more, your doctor could refer you to check with an ENT expert so as to ensure if there are some other causes of the irritation. Yet, if your bronchial tubes remain irritated, this can lead to the asthmatic conditions.
6. In acute bronchitis, your passage ways constrict due to infection caused by some virus or bacteria. In case the ailment is due to bacteria, the apt antibiotic regimen can do the trick to cure the ailment. It is always advised to visit the doctor to get a medical diagnosis. Remember taking any medicine with out the doctor’s prescription could make the disorder rather worse.
7. Persistent cough & wheezing also imply that you might be suffering with acute bronchitis. The constricted bronchial tubes create the wheezing sound everytime we breathe. While this disorder can be cleared up in a few days, in some cases it might take several months or weeks as well. Remember in such a situation, you must take lot of rest and drink lots & lots of water or juices.
8. A simple home remedy to fight back this disease is placing wet blankets & towels in varied places in the house to increase the humidity there. Room humidifiers are also a good option for such patients.
9. Smoking is anyways injurious to health but in case of the bronchial patients, it can be disastrous. So, the smokers suffering with acute bronchitis must quit the habit of smoking before the condition gets worst.
1. This is an ongoing condition.
2. Curing this might take several months, or even years.
3. The environmental factors that lead to this ailment are exposure to fumes, smoke, dust, odors, etc.
4. Chronic bronchitis is incurable, so the patients must consult their doctor well enough to identify the triggers. They should then remove as many triggers as possible form their environment in order to keep healthy.
5. Remember, in this ailment prevention is equivalent to cure so you must work on removing the triggers else, it could be dangerous for you.
6. Consulting the doctor, they would suggest you several laboratory tests like test for pulmonary function & blood gases in arteries, chest x-rays, and sputum culture. Generally thee test are also done for the patients of acute bronchitis.
7. Just like acute bronchitis, smoking can make the situation worst for the patients of chronic bronchitis as well. So you must quit this bad habit in order to keep healthy and get rid of this ailment.
A healthy & active lifestyle is unbeatable at the end of the day. Practicing all preventive measures can avoid bronchitis and many other ailments for all individuals.