You see, getting well again is a journey and will not only require your active participation but will also take time. Make the commitment. Start you journey with the following 7 vital steps and start that journey today! There is light at the end of the tunnel.
1. General nutrition, an essential first step – Good nutrition is the foundation of good health. To be able to choose the proper foods, and to better understand why those foods should be supported with supplements, you need to have a clear idea of a healthy diet. Decide now to eat the right foods, eliminate the bad foods, pay attention to acid versus alkaline foods and start a sound, comprehensive nutritional supplement program. This is also an essential first step in your journey for atypical trigeminal neuralgia and idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia as well.
2. Importance of water – Your body needs water for all its functions, but be sure that this water is pure and healthy and consumed in the proper way. In the morning hours, your body is going through its elimination cycle. An early morning glass of water will assist in this process. Drinking water with a meal will impede digestion, but water spaced between meals throughout the day will facilitate proper hydration, digestion and elimination. It is recommended that the water you drink be alkaline water.
3. Your immune system, a vital key – The immune system is the protector of the body. When working properly your immune system will not only fight off every kind of insult to your body, but also engineer the healing process. Chronic pain from trigeminal neuralgia puts a constant drag on your immune system that requires your urgent attention and correction. Since your doctor will probably never discuss this with you, it is up to you to become the manager of your immune system. The key is to become educated and make healthy choices.
4. Nutrition for your nerves, an overlooked essential – The role of nutrition as therapy is not very well understood. It is therefore an overlooked part of most trigeminal neuralgia treatment programs. First you want to avoid foods that trigger pain. For many, just eliminating caffeine will improve neuralgia. The next step is learning about pain safe foods and making them a permanent part of your diet. Finally you want to add the supplements known to facilitate the healing of nerves such as B vitamins, gamma linolenic acid and octacosanol. This is a vital step in your ongoing treatment of trigeminal neuralgia pain.
5. The importance of cleansing – In order to truly understand the importance of cleansing, it is important to understand the basic natural physiological cycles of the body. In addition to avoiding foods that are detrimental such as refined foods, chemical laden foods and trans-fats, you must eat foods that are naturally cleansing such as fruit, vegetables and green drinks. Green drinks not only cleanse your blood and detoxify your body, but supply your body with fast energy.
6. Exercise, a must – The closest thing to a magic bullet for maintaining optimal health is a well balanced combination of exercise and proper nutrition. This is also true when managing chronic pain. Often certain types of programmed exercises help reduce pain. Exercises, such as relaxation, meditation, yoga, tai chi and qi gong, and breathing exercises play a vital role. Decide to exercise every day or at least 5 days a week. Aerobic exercise produces endorphins which may reduce pain. Rebounding for 10 minutes a day can produce remarkable results.
7. Positive mental attitude, this is everything – Dr. Boyce Berkel refers to a positive mental attitude as the immune system of the mind. It is a proven fact that if you believe that you can improve your health, it will happen, but there is one caveat. Your belief must be followed by sustained action. Without action, nothing gets done. Keep in mind that adopting a Comprehensive Approach to Wellness is a long term commitment, but it is your only real hope of effectively overcoming trigeminal neuralgia.