There are various reasons behind a dry, flaky scalp. The main causes of dry flaky scalp are uses of bad hair products. You can get rid from this by using TLC and other quality products. The tiny white flakes due to dry scalp can be appear on head, the hairline, ear or the back of the neck that looks very unpleasant.
Dandruff also occurs due to dry flaky scalp and sometime it result type of eczema called seborrheic eczema that makes your skin irritating. Scalp psoriasis also the reason of flaking.
How to Treat Scalp Flaking?
You can get rid from flaky scalp by doing some good hair care. Here we represent some best tips for reducing flaky scalp.
1. First thing is choosing right shampoo according to your hair type and shampoo your hair properly. Regular use of shampoo can help to reduce flakes from your scalp.
2. Avoid overuse of blow dryer and curling iron as it makes your scalp dry causes flaky scalp. So dry your wet hair naturally.
3. Massage your scalp regularly for better blood circulation as it helps to loosen the dead cells and reduce easily.
4. Go for some oil treatment at least once in a week. Olive oil is best for scalp treatment. Rub the oil over your scalp and cover your head with towel for 30 minutes. Then wash off with lukewarm water and shampoo. This makes your scalp clean and away from any flakes.
5. Do not expose your head over sunlight and cover your head while going outside.
6. If the home treatment does not work for you then immediately meet to a dermatologist for medical treatment for dry flaky scalp.
However, the best solution for removing flakes from scalp is to add moisture on your hair and scalp regularly. Also you need to protect your scalp from sun rays and dust to reduce flaky scalp.
Get Rid of Split Ends
Split ends occur usually in dry hair. It is one of the common hair problems. Split ends can be avoided with proper care and treatment. Regular trimming is the best way to get rid of split ends.
Hair is made up with 3 different layers outer layer, middle layer and inner layer. The outer most layers is called cuticle that contains dead cells. The cuticle helps to protect the middle layer called cortex that is composed with a long, coiled proteins. A split end results when the cuticle is damaged at the end of a strand.
Preventing Split Ends
There is several ways to prevent split ends. Here we represent some excellent tips and ideas.
- Do not shampoo your hair every day. It creates your hair unhealthy and damage. Apply conditioner after shampooing your hair as it makes your hair shiny and soft.
- Do not use blow dryer to dry your hair. Just cover your wet hair with towel and dry it naturally.
- Never brush or comb your hair when it is in wet condition. Also use wide tooth comb to brush your hair in when it dry. Do not brush your hair more times. It may damage your hair.
- Avoid over processing your hair like hair coloring, bleaching, perming etc. These are damage the outer layer of your hair and causes split ends.
- Always protect your hair from the sun rays. Over exposure of sun light can make your hair weak, brittle and dry.
Treatment of Split Ends
First thing is you needed to trim your hair immediately when you find split ends. Use leave-in hair conditioner to get rid of split ends. With proper care and treatment you can remove split ends and get a healthy shiny hair.