Have you ever felt scared of a certain situation? Did you ever get a fright when you were in the presence of a certain object? If so, then you just may have a phobia. Most people who are affected by phobias will ignore the fact and just continue on with their lives. The thing is that it doesn’t matter if you have a strange phobia which you think no one will understand, whatever the phobia is, someone else is suffering from it too and the odds are that there are thousands and thousands of others affected by it. So if you have a specific phobia like the fear of dogs for instance or the fear of driving or if you just want some social phobia treatment then you should think about using subliminal Cds as a way of curing these phobias. Below, we list the main Top 10 phobias in this world today.
1. Acrophobia – Also known as the fear of heights is the top fear which affects humanity. It’s not too hard to see why the fear of heights affects most of us as this fear has protected us since childhood and so most of us bring this fear into adulthood subconsciously as a way to protect us.
2. Aerophobia – The fear of flying affects a huge proportion of the population but it affects more than others. Of all the fears and phobias this is one which most will want to avoid. The worst thing about this phobia is that when it strikes it can really affect a person’s life in a bad way. Most people who have this phobia avoid foreign travel and this can have a real negative impact on their lives.
3. Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking will affect most of us at some stage of our lives. We all have to do it at some stage, whether its a wedding speech or a business speech we will have to stand up in front of a large crowd and speak. These types of phobias can really affect our social lives and standing within a community.
4. Lygophobia – The fear of the dark affects most children but it can be carried from childhood into adulthood and surprisingly there are many adults who are still afraid of the dark.
5. Arachnophobia – Also known as the fear of spiders, it affects more women than men. As children we fear big spiders but some of us will bring this fear into adulthood where it can be more of a nuisance to deal with rather than a real problem. Its estimated that 50% of women are affected by this phobia while just 10% of men can say the same.
6. Ophidiophobia The fear of snakes is another common phobia which can affect many people. Although its not life changing unless you want to live in a snake infested jungle or desert its still one of those phobias which we’d be better off without.
7. Rejection – Having a fear of rejection is not rare, it affects us all in one way or another. At some stage this is one of those things which will pay us a visit. No one wants to be rejected and this phobia can affect some people to such an extent that they never get married.
8. Claustrophobia – The fear of confined spaces is another phobia which makes our top 10 list. The fear of confined spaces is quite a common phobia, you’ll know many people yourself who don’t like confined spaces. Some people can handle it while others have a real problem with confined spaces.
9. Kakorrhaphiophobia – The fear of failure is anther phobia which will affect many of us throughout our lives. Its one of those things which can in fact keep us back so its important to fix this phobia as soon as possible.
10. Agoraphobia – The fear of open spaces is another phobia which many people are affected by. Most think that someone who has it can’t go outside but this isn’t the case at all. Some who are affected by this phobia will have a problem with going out but most are affected by it in others areas of their lives.