My youngest had thrush and sacrificed for days. The best the doctors could do was to change her formula, low grade antibiotic, and WAIT. A natural cure was of course not mentioned.
Let's discuss Candida, the cause of Thrush, and what can bring on this painful infection.
In essence, Thrush is a yeast infection, but much more advanced in it's stage.
Let's discuss what it is, how it starts, and how to treat it. Let's begin.
Candidiasis is the mass growth of Candida Albicans caused by the overgrowth of yeast in the mouth or intestine. This is caused by the lack of flora (Acidophillus and Bifida) which id the result of depletion or eratication of such bacteria. By bacteria, I mean GOOD bacteria.
This bacteria is what keeps the yeast (Candida Albicans) at bay. Both are needed for proper digestion, but if the fluorine is destroyed, the yeast multiplies OUT OF CONTROL !!! At this point, the yeast enters the blood system and concentrates into a moist, warm, environment. This can happen in the mouth or genital area. the yeast infection has now planted and will start to grow.
This is where vaginitis and thrush come from. If the yeast infection goes unnoticed or at worst untreated, this nasty little bacterial infection can blow up and become quite painful.
Now that we know what it is, lets see what can do to treat it naturally with mostly household items and a few inexpensive purchases from your local grocer.
1. First, clean the infected area by washing it with clean (sterile) water. Anti-bacterial soaps only. Shower gels and bath gels are not recommended as they contain perfumes. After cleaning, completely dry the area.
2. Sexual intercourse is the worst thing one can do. It can be passed like an STD and even worse, the friction can irritate the area making the infection worse. In addition, if spermicides and lubricants are used, the chemicals can cause allergic reactions combined with the already apparent issues earlier mentioned.
3. Tight fitting garments as well as synthetic fibers can worsen the condition. In addition to the irritation caused by coarse, unnatural, fibers, yeast drives best in warm, moist climates. Keep clothing loose and 100% natural.
4. Stress causes the immune system to weak causing the infection to thrive as it can not be cooked. Relax.
5. Aloe Vera gel can also be bought in alternative medicine and herb stores and is a great start for natural relief. Apply the Aloe Vera gel to the affected area. This can reduce pain as it does for a sunburn.
6. Alcohol and Drugs both lower immunity and increase blood sugar. High blood sugar increases yeast growth as yeast naturally feed on sugar.
7. Yogurt is one of the best known natural remedies. Plain yogurt bacteria feed on yeast. Highly recommended. Ingest as well as apply to the infected area. Very messy, but highly effective.
8. Keep your diet as natural as possible. By this I mean, stay away from processed foods, especially sugars and carbohydrates. Stick to fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and foods with low sodium and unnatural sugars. Honey and molasses recommended as a substitute.
Thrush and vaginitis are the worst of the worst for candida yeast infections. Do not let it get to that point. If you feel you have candida setting in, change your diet immediately! If this infection is treated quickly, the natural equilibrium of your yeast to bacteria ratio will be restored and you can permanently cure this ailment for good. All of this information and more can be found from my good friend, Linda Allen. For a more in depth approach to a candida yeast cure and how it can work for you, Click Here!
To Comment On This Post, Click "Comments" or "Read More" Below.