Every smoker knows that – despite how gratifying it might be – smoking cigarettes does no good for their health. Actually, most of them know very well the effects of cigarettes smoking in their lives.
For those who are still not sure or didn’t care to know more about this deadly habit though, let me list some of the very real and undisputable effects of cigarettes smoking:
- Coronary heart disease – death cause number one in the USA – is just one of the effects of smoking.
- Lung cancer; mouth cancer; throat cancer; esophagus, kidney, liver, stomach cancer and even leukemia can be the effects of cigarettes smoking. Actually, most cases of lung, mouth, tongue and throat cancers are caused by smoking cigarettes.
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases) like bronchitis, pneumonia, emphysema, etc. are often related to smoking.
- Erectile dysfunction and sterility are also among the effects that can be caused by cigarettes smoking.
- Smoking can also cause arteriosclerosis. The thickening and hardening of the arteries’ walls.
- Hypertension, smoker cough, strokes, dry wrinkled skin, bronchial asthma, bad breath, bad smelling, yellow teeth and even some cases of blindness are related to smoking cigarettes.
Moreover, you can count among the effects of cigarettes smoking the gradual and constant deterioration of your life quality.
- The money you spend on cigarettes could be used on more important and pleasant things you need or want (Do the math and see how much you could save per year. What could you do with that extra money?).
- In today’s world, smokers are more and more confined to “smoker zones”, making them feel uncomfortable and guilty because of their habit. How does that affect your self esteem?
- Your body loses strength and vigor making difficult for you to do even simple things, like going up a flight of stairs without losing your breath and so.
- Did you know that every package of cigarettes you smoke delivers the same amount of radiation than a chest x-ray? That can’t be good! Don’t you agree?
Those are the most common effects of cigarettes smoking on your health and life. Not a nice perspective, huh?
So, if you think is time to quit smoking, just seek for advice on the several methods and programs available; pick the one that you (and your doctor!) think is best for your particular case and go for it! Millions have done it before, so you can do it too.