Congratulations! You just decided to quit drinking and taking drugs. But what is the next step?
Enter a treatment center.
You have other concerns like your painful and grueling withdrawal experience, cravings and negative feelings due to substance dependence. Though you have decided to stop taking addictive substances, your body and emotions are not ready to take the challenges of the steps to full sobriety. For these reasons, full assistance from the experts is necessary for you to have a safe, uncomplicated and comfortable transition from addiction to sobriety. It will be beneficial to have a checklist that will guide you in finding the most comfortable and effective treatment center to take care of your concerns.
20 concerns involved in picking a treatment center:
1. Cost of care and extent of insurance coverage- Choose a treatment center that you can afford. Check if it is included in your insurance plan. Inquire about the total cost including the medicines and professional fees.
2. Detox treatment – Ask about the detox medications, the professional health care providers who will supervise the detoxification and the place where it will be conducted.
3. Client to staff ratio – This is to ensure that you will receive the appropriate attention for speedy recovery.
4. Qualifications of the staff – You will be confident in the treatment process if the members of the team are certified professionals.
5. Treatment programs offered – This is the most important factor to consider. Your recuperation largely depends on the kind of program you will undergo.
6. Twelve -step based program used – This is a highly valuable program in alcohol and drug rehabilitation. You should also ask if they implement holistic care.
7. Individualized treatment plan – there is no perfect treatment plan applicable to all. It is important that you will receive health care management suited to your needs.
8. Psychiatrist – Since alcoholism and drug addiction are associated with depression and other psychological problems, it is important to receive the professional help from a psychiatrist.
9. Visitors policies – Inquire about the treatment center's policy regarding your visitors as well as the family support groups available.
10. Length of stay – The duration of your treatment will play a major role in your transition from addiction to sobriety as well as the cost of the programs.
11. Fun activities – Inquire about group and individual activities that will promote socialization and sense of achievement like sports and similar leisure interest.
12. Foods served – This is essential especially if you are a vegetarian or your religion forbids some foods.
13. Physical exercises – Exercise is important to keep you fit and mentally alert.
14. Spirituality – It is believed that a person will easily recover from addiction with the development of spiritual consciousness.
15. Success rate – This will help you evaluate if the services of the treatment facility are effective.
16. Case studies – Check the verity of the testimonials and ask for the opinions of its former clients to ascertain if the facility can really help you recover from substance dependence.
17. Treatment center rules – It is better to know about the rules as early as possible to avoid regrets in the end especially when it comes to financial matters.
18. Disciplinary measures for violating rules – Be sure to ask about punishment / penalty for violations of the rehab's rules before you enroll.
19. Room accommodations – Some people prefer to be alone and some want to be in a group. Check their room policies and the cost for your preference.
20. Accreditation by JCAHO or CARF – These are two national organizations that carry a lot of weight within the recovery industry. Treatment centers with these accreditations are a big plus.
It is difficult to put a paradigm in finding a treatment center that will exactly meet all your expectations. But the above-mentioned concerns will help you find a rehab that will give you the best programs and living conditions for a comfortable recovery. The most important advice we can give it to ask plenty of questions before making a selection.
For a comprehensive directory of drug and alcohol treatment centers, visit Sober.com or call our toll-free numbers at the top of page of our website to connect to a professional recovery specialist 24/7.