What is Tamiflu?
Tamiflu (oseltamivir) is an anti-viral medication that is used for the treatment and prevention of influenza (flu virus), including avian influenza (bird flu). Available in both tablet form and as a suspension, Tamiflu can be given to adults and children more than 1year of age who present with flu symptoms. But, Tamiflu is known to work effectively when the flu treatment is initiated within two days of the first onset of symptoms. In addition, Tamiflu can be used as a preventive treatment also.
For adults and adolescents 13 years or older, the recommended oral dose is 75mg oseltamivir twice daily, for 5 days. For children one year or older, Tamiflu oral suspension is available. Children with body weight of 40 kg and above may be prescribed the adult dosage of 75mg twice daily for 5 days. Tamiflu:
• Can ease ailments that accompany flu (like weakness, cough, headache, fever, sore throat)
• Could prevent the flu onset even if the patient has been exposed to someone who suffers from it
Tamiflu works by inhibiting the neuraminidase enzyme that stops the spread of the virus to other cells in the body. Tamiflu is available for the treatment of influenza in more than 80 countries worldwide.
Who should buy Tamiflu?
People who are eligible to take Tamiflu are:
• People who do not have any kidney disease, liver disease, viral infections besides influenza A / B, heart problems, lung problems or any other chronic or serious illnesses
• Pregnant mothers should not use Tamiflu
• As it is not known whether Tamiflu passes into breast milk, it cannot be used by nursing mothers
• Infants above the age of one year
• People who complain of uncomplicated acute illness due to influenza infection and show symptoms for no more than 2 days
What is the correct dosage of Tamiflu?
In the case of the influenza treatment, the correct dosage of Tamiflu is:
• One 75mg capsule twice a day for 5 days
• One 30-75mg capsule, depending on body weight, for children twice a day for 5 days (The correct dose of the drug for children should be set by a pediatrician)
In the case of influenza’s prophylactic treatment, the dosage is:
• One 75mg capsule of Tamiflu for adults once a day for 7 days
• The correct dose of the drug for children should be set by a pediatrician
For children 1 year or older or for adults who can’t swallow a Tamiflu capsule, Tamiflu oral suspension can be taken. If Tamiflu overdose is suspected, medical attention must be sought immediately. In addition, Tamiflu doses should not be missed. If a dose is missed, it should be taken as soon as possible, provided that it is not about time for the next Tamiflu dose. Do not double dose on Tamiflu, that is, two doses of the drug separated by less than 2 hours from one another.
How effective is Tamiflu for Influenza?
Tamiflu (oseltamivir) considerably reduces illness severity and duration in children one year and older, particularly if they are medicated within 24 hours of the onset of symptoms. In addition, Tamiflu is known to reduce the incidence of respiratory tract infections, ear infections and antibiotic use. Moreover, Tamiflu (oseltamivir) capsules are now available in 30mg and 45mg doses, especially for children.
Children tend to be major carriers of the influenza virus as they have limited pre-existing immunity, often spend time in groups and share germs easily. Tamiflu can reassuringly be used for the management of influenza in children as young as one year old. In clinical studies, Tamiflu was well tolerated and did not increase the risk for neuropsychiatric adverse events.
Tamiflu when initiated within 48 hours of onset is known to:
• Reduce influenza severity by almost a third (29%)
• Reduce the duration of the illness by a quarter (26%)
Furthermore, new data reveals that if Tamiflu is taken within 24 hours of symptom onset:
• The influenza severity is halved (52%)
• Illness duration is reduced by a third (34%)00
• There was a 55% reduction in severe ear infections (otitis media)
• Reduced the incidence of secondary influenza infections by 55%
Where to buy Tamiflu?
Tamiflu can either be bought from an online source or from a conventional pharmacy near your home. In order to Buy Tamiflu from an internet pharmacy, the quantity and dose can be selected from a chart to make the purchase online. Before you Buy Tamiflu online make sure you first read through all of the product information, including drug side effects so that you can make an informed choice.
Since Tamiflu is a prescription medication, you will need to consult an online doctor, who will go through your medical history and then decide if you can take Tamiflu. Many websites offer Tamiflu online but it is not advisable to purchase it before proper medical approval.
Tamiflu has been proved to be the most effective drug for human consumption against the avian influenza that has afflicted a number of countries in south Asia.
How much does it cost?
Because of strict internet policies, we are not allowed to publish the prices of any prescription medication prior to an online consultation with one of our doctors. But we are equally confident that you will not find Tamiflu cheaper elsewhere in the UK.