Sore throat is sly – be careful. If it resolves on its own in a week term, there is no need to worry. But it can also involve more serious problems. The following home remedies are intended to reduce pain in the throat.
- Juice a fresh cabbage and mix it with boiled, cold water (proportion 1:1). Gargle your throat with the mixture.
- Infuse a tablespoon of linseed with a glass of boiling water. Give a mixture a stir occasionally. After 6-8 hours the water is going to become slimy and opaque. Drink the mixture several times a day. It is going to take care of mucous membrane of the throat and protects it from irritations.
- Mix equal quantities of onion juice and honey. Take a tablespoon of the mixture 3-4 times a day.
- Cut up a horseradish root into tiny pieces. Put it in a dish made of glass and infuse with a half of a liter of vodka. Leave for 24 hours and decant. Add honey to the mix. Take a tablespoon of the mixture 3 times a day.
- Chew a piece of leaf of ornamental houseplant kalanchoe. You can swallow the leaf as well. Kalanchoe is a great remedy for throat pain.
- Drink herbal teas that are intended to reduce the sore throat. The herbs involve raspberries, camomile, red clover.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that contain C vitamin, such as, cabbages, kiwi, oranges, black currants, cranberries, etc.
- Take cold curds and wrap up in a gaze. Put on your neck. It relates to a very effective remedy for throat pain.
- Chew propolis. It has antibacterial effect.
- Put on your neck a sock filled with warm buckwheat before going to bed. Allow them to go cold and take off the sock.
- Chew cloves or a piece of sweet flag root. They are antiseptic and reduce the sore throat.
You should put a scarf around your neck to avoid the worsening of condition. Another common reason for sore throat refers to the dry air. Owing to the ventilation and heating systems, the air in the rooms gets too dry. Consequently mucous membrane of throat and nose runs dry resulting in pain and sore throat. To avoid that you should drink water more than you usually do and increase the indoor humidity. Steam generators, vaporizers and humidifiers are going to help you with this issue. Wet towels also can be of help.