A sore throat is a disease primarily located in the area around the tonsils. It is also known as pharyngitis or tonsillitis.The pharynx is the part of the throat that lies between the mouth and the larynx or voice box. It is associated most commonly with the common cold or influenza. While most sore throats heal without complications, in some cases, they develop into a serious illness.
A “sore” throat is discomfort, pain, or scratchiness in the throat. A sore throat often makes it painful to swallow.
Causes for Sore Throat:
• Bacterial infection: Strep throat is the most common bacterial infection. It is mainly caused by streptococcal bacteria. Strep throat can lead to rheumatic fever which can trigger heart valve problems or inflammation of the kidney. Other bacteria can cause sore throats – e.g. gonorrhoea is an example of a sexually transmitted infection.
• Viruses: The majority of sore throats are due to an infection with a virus; there is a large variety of viruses which cause the common types of sore throats. A well-known virus is the Epstein-Barr virus, which causes glandular fever and glandular fever tonsillitis.
• Tonsillitis It is an inflammation of the tonsils. Chronic tonsillitis occurs when there is so much damage to the tonsils. In this condition, the throat is sore most of the time, often accompanied by bad breath
Symptoms for Sore Throat:
• An injury to the back of your mouth may increase the chances of get affected by sore throat.
• Headache may occur in this condition.
• Vomiting may lead to sore throat problem.
• White patches in your throat or on your tonsils
• There will be problem in breathing during sore throat.
• You will have a problem in swallowing the food.s
• Difficulty opening the mouth
• Joint pain may occur due to throat problem.
Home Remedies for Sore Throat:
1) Mix 1 tablespoon pure horseradish, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 teaspoon ground cloves in a glass of warm water and mix them. Sip this mixture slowly instead of quickly.
2) Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice in 1 cup warm water and sip this mixture slowly. This Home Remedy for Sore Throat is also recommended by most of users.
3) Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon salt in 1/2 cup warm water, and gargle after every three to four hours. This is the Home Remedy for Sore Throat Recommended by most of users.
4) Mix an uncooked egg yolk, one tablespoon of sugar and one tablespoon of brandy or cognac. Swallow after every 15 minutes.
5) Cut an onion, put in a cup with a top, soak with honey (2 centimeters over), cover the top and leave for one hour, swallow 1 spoon of the honey every few hours. This Home Remedy for Sore Throat is suggested by most of users.
6) Cook garlic cloves and dried peeled onion in boiling water until soften and eat.
7) Immerse 1 whole pear in vinegar for one day, grain, filter and drink the liquid.
8) Mix 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and one tablespoon of honey. Take one spoon thrice in a day.
9) Eat betel leaves with liquorice (mulathi) twice or thrice a day. It acts as good home remedy for sore throat.