One of the reasons many men take pains to practice expert penis care is to keep pains from happening to their penis. After all, a sore penis is not only uncomfortable – it can get in the way of a lot of sexual fun and games. Still, even the most conscientious man sometimes gets a sore penis, so knowing the treatments that can get the manhood back into proper shape is advised.
With that in mind, the following treatments may be handy when a sore penis rears its ugly head.
– Give it a break. Probably the most important (and sensible) thing to do when penis pain is present is to let the member get a good rest. That means exercising control and not engaging in sex – whether solo or partner-based – no matter how badly a man wants it. Otherwise, a guy may find himself in a situation in which the sex causes so much pain that he has to break off halfway through – not an ideal situation for the man or his partner. And even if he soldiers on, he’s likely to be left with a much sorer penis, necessitating an even longer break from action.
So how long should the penis be allowed to rest? That depends entirely on just how sore it is and on the recuperative powers of its owner. But it’s better to err a little on the side of caution, just to be sure the penis is back in fine fettle before jumping into action again.
– Pamper it in the bathtub. Showers are the preferred form of bathing for most adult men, but when a really sore penis is present, a guy should consider treating himself and his penis to a nice, long, warm bath. The warmth of the water flowing all around the penis can help to soothe aching muscles and relax the penile blood vessels that have been called on to do a lot of heavy lifting during the erectile process. Be sure the water is warm but not hot; too much heat can be damaging, especially to sensitive penis skin.
– Wrap it up. Swaddling the penis can also provide some extra comfort when it is sore. Take a small towel, scarf or muffler and wrap it securely but not too tightly around the penis (and balls, if desired). This also warms up the penis, much as the warm bathwater does; in addition, the extra support of the wrapping keeps the penis from swinging and banging against thighs or other objects. Swaddling the penis for an hour or two at night can help promote soreness relief.
– Then go bare. After swaddling the penis, it’s often helpful to let it “hang out” for a while. Walking around the house naked allows the penis to get more fresh air than it normally would, and that can help speed along the healing process – especially because this means the penis won’t be rubbing against any potentially irritating fabrics.
– Put on the crème. One of the most effective treatments for a sore penis is to apply a really exceptional penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). As with the rest of the body, the healthier the penis is, the faster it heals and the more quickly soreness is banished. Often a sore penis is exacerbated by dry or rashy penis skin, so selecting a crème that can attack skin issues is a plus. The right crème for the job is one that can rehydrate the skin with a potent combination of moisturizers (such as Shea butter and vitamin E). It is suggested that the crème also contain vitamin C, which is known for its role in collagen production, collagen benefiting the skin by its ability to promote elasticity. The right crème can be a boon to alleviating a sore penis.