Are you seeing signs of aging skin in the mirror? You may be warning wrinkles, dry skin, sagging skin, or even brown spots on your hands and face. Certain skin care products may help, but first lets explore what is happening to our skin as it ages.
- As you age your skin becomes thinner and sags causing wrinkles.
- New skin cells do not grow as quickly as they once did.
- Dead cells do not shed as fast and gives skin a dull, dry appearance.
- Collegen, which gives skin it's strength, Declines with age and therefore skin looses it's elasticity.
- Aging skin has fewer sweat and oil glands leading to dry, itchy skin.
- Exposure to years of ultraviolet radiation aids in damaging your skin.
There are many things that can help our skin such as a healthy diet, exercise, drinking plenty of water, and limiting your sun exposure. What about skin aging products? What helps our skin look better?
It's best to start with products that are free from synthetic chemicals and are certified organic. Many chemicals in skin care dry and irritate your skin. Look for these natural ingredients while changing aging skin treatments:
- Shea butter, almond oil, hazelnut oil, cocoa butter, & avocado oil are all nourishing, hydrating plant based oils that are rich in nutrients and moisturizing aging skin.
- White Tea boosts the immune function of skin cells and protects them against the damaging effects of the sun. It is very beneficial to protecting your skin.
- Berries are rich in antioxidants. Ellagic acid is an antioxidant found specifically in raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, and pomegranates. Recent studies have shown that ellagic acid works to protect against UV damage.
Aging skin can benefit from products that are healthy and natural. Daily care with antioxidant and nutrient rich ingredients can improve the look of your skin.