What is Peptic Ulcer? It is the ulcer (an inflammatory suppurating lesion) of the mucous membrane lining of the alimentary tract and gives severe abdominal pain around the stomach area. It is related to one’s beginning area of the intestine; after the stomach, also known as the duodenum. And therefore, it can be termed as “duodenal ulcer” too at the same time. Other forms of peptic ulcer includes gastric ulcer – occurs inside stomach, and esophageal ulcer can be found at oesophagus area between the pharynx and the stomach.
Causes and symptoms: According to medical studies, the main cause behind ulcers is a bacterium named Heliobacter Pylori or simply, H.Pylori. Besides this, use of anti-inflammatory drug – NSAID, hyperacidity, excessive use of alcoholic drinks as well smoking, coffee, junk foods, past stomach disorders, etc can also cause peptic or gastric ulcer.
An ulcer patient mostly faces the symptoms like chronic abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting. Sometime it can be accompanied by hematemesis that is vomiting blood. Likewise, heartburn, weakness, sleeplessness, etc can be noticed too.
Available remedies: You can try the following home remedies in order to cure the peptic ulcer. However, if you are an old patient of ulcer and already undergone surgery, then you must first consult your physician.
1. Banana: Use of banana in order to treat this ulcer has been regarded as the best home remedy. This is because it has the essential properties that can reduce and control hyperacidity. To use, just take 2-3 bananas and mix it in a class of milk. Drink this 3-4 time a day.
2. Fenugreek: Another effective way to cure the peptic ulcer is to use fenugreek seeds. It can give you relief from the pain and from other associated symptoms. To use, take about two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds and boil it a glass of water. Later add a little salt to this solution. Use 2-3 times daily.
3. Lemon: Regular intake of lemon juice along with a little salt is another effective home remedy for peptic ulcer.
4. Wood apple: Use of wood apple leaves in treating peptic ulcer is always positive. To use, you have to boil few leaves of wood apple in water; strain the solution and then drink it 2-3 times a day. It will raise your digestive power.
5. Cabbage: You can use it too as a home remedy for peptic ulcer. For this, take one cabbage and cut it into small pieces; boil in water until half of the solution is left. Later, strain the solution and drink twice a day.
6. Drumsticks: Prepare a paste by grinding about twenty drumstick leaves and then mix it in curd. Intake of this mixture will also be very effective in treating peptic ulcer.
Likewise, healthy diet has its own importance while dealing with peptic ulcer. Eat more vegetables, milk, cheese, fruits and so on. Avoid junk foods; especially those prepared using much oil and spicy ingredients. Try to be stress free as far as possible and do not smoke. Stay away from all alcoholic beverages.