"A house with a beautiful lawn is a marvel in itself", who would not want to have a lush green lawn which adorns the home and makes it look more suave. In the present scenario, each and every second person is concerned about the ecological balance, conservation of water and power and ways to increase greenery. In such conditions, it is important that the existing lawns should be well taken care of and for that it is important to understand what all aspects are included in the lawn care and also its importance for the environment.
Let us take a look at the term "lawn care" and all its constituents, after which we can assess its importance for the nature.
Lawn care- It signifies the skill to keep a lawn healthy, dirt-free, protected and alluring. Some of the main components of lawn care are as follows-
• Watering- It is significant to water the plants and grass regularly and the best time is the early morning hours.
• Mowing- The next step is to mow the grass at regular intervals so that there is proper growth and it looks appealing and fresh.
• Weeding- The next in line is weaving which indicates removing the plants which are dry or dead.
• Maintenance task- Tasks like adding manure and fertilizers as and when required, which is done once a year.
• Pest control- It is important to spray pesticides which are not too contaminated.
• Spraying fungicides – This is done to prevent the fungi as they are the main cause for the lawn to get destroyed
After having a look at the components of lawn care, let us have a brief look at the importance of lawn care and its relative importance to the nature.
Importance of Lawn Care
• A clean and nourishing lawn has green trees, grass and shrubs. Having so much greenery around helps the ecological balance.
• Having a lush green lawn also increases the cost of the property it is associated with.
• There is more oxygen intake from plants if there is lush greenery around.
• Having a lawn with a proper root system purifies water and makes it more healthy and clean.
So we should treat the lawn just like our kid, and keep it healthy and happy. Just as we take care of the food intake of our kids, we should do the same for our lawns, by providing fertilizers at the right time depending on the season and also the quality of the soil. "Pamper the lawns so that they add beauty to the surrounding and make life worthwhile".