Schizophrenia is actually a kind of mental sickness which generally comes up in early years of adulthood or occurs in late years of adolescence. Well it is important to understand that it can occur in any age of life. The fact is that the symptoms and marks of schizophrenia motley from one person to another but most of the people face either one or many of the described symptoms:
1. Hallucinations: It signifies that people feel that they hear some unknown voices along with this schizophrenic people also taste, smell and see things which are surely not present and true.
2. Delusions: Many people fall into delusions which are the notions which are not at all true like people feel that some one is attempting to injure them or they feel that they bear unique and special capabilities and strengths.
3. Bizarre behavior: People behave in different manners and indulge in different acts which appears strange and unsuitable to other individuals.
4. “Negative symptoms”: This signifies that people have lesser interest, motive, reduced emotional locutions and decreased cognitive operations. Such people might feel reduced interests in assisting their hygiene, their conversation with other people and are not able to express their powerful feelings.
5. Disorganized speech: The people with schizophrenia speak in an uncomfortable way and their speech is not understood well to other people. For an example, the sentences or the topics for discussion do not make gumption or it appears as if there is no association between the schizophrenic patient conversation. It is for sure inexplicable to understand.
Moreover, schizophrenic people also endure with low level of other bodily functions, for an example, such people are not able to work at their offices because they have lower levels of focus and abilities, and they can not withstand the pressure of daily job work. Their home life is also suffered a lot. They have less attachment with their kids and also have reduced societal behavior.
What treatments are available?
As the symptoms may differ from one schizophrenic person to another so as the treatments differs. The treatment session may include one or the other of the following programs:
Medication: It is difficult to select a correct medication. A trail and error procedure might take place. The patient needs to be frank with the doctor and must report about all the signs along with side effects which are taking place. This way psychiatrist will be able to provide best medical treatment that the patient deserves to have. Moreover, one must know about the various reasons of the medications like impact of sunlight and alcohol on to the positive aspects of the medication.
Education-proper knowledge: Another best known treatment is to make the family members of the patient with schizophrenia aware of the benefits of understanding about the various signs of the disorder, and how to deal with it in order to reduce the conflict and stress that is going on in the mind of the patient. The dear ones must collect information about the various treatments available in the world for curing or controlling schizophrenia.
Individual, group, and family therapy: This can help in setting up the goals and declaring the strategies in order to reach the desired goals.
Hospitalization: The hospitalization is required when the schizophrenia reaches its ultimate level or sometimes to provide alterations into the prescript medication so that their behavior can be monitored well.
Support groups: The patients require complete support from their family members, friends and relatives so that they can be helped to overcome their conflicts and their stress level can be reduced. Vocational programs are also available for the schizophrenia patients.