The most effective reflux remedy works to heal your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) and your esophagus and you can do both of these things with your diet.
Isn’t it interesting how your diet and what you eat has such an impact on your health? Unfortunately, your diet most likely caused the acid reflux problem you are suffering with right now. By not eating the right foods, eating them in the wrong quantities, and eating them at the wrong times you have done severe damage to the LES (the stomach muscle flap that keeps food and stomach acid down) and your esophagus (the tube that brings food to your stomach).
Fortunately, your body is a miracle that even scientists have a hard time understanding. And it can naturally heal every part of itself (except the teeth… so you should brush and floss). And it can even naturally heal the LES and esophagus which will cure acid reflux permanently.
Are you interested in a guaranteed to work reflux remedy? Just think of throwing away those annoying antacids by next week!
Why the Reflux Remedy is better than Antacids?
Want to make some quick money? Invest in antacids! Antacids are a quick-fix for treating your acid reflux (also called heartburn). Americans spend more than $3 billion a year on over-the-counter heartburn drugs and more than $13 billion on prescription acid reducing drugs. Yes, that $15-20 adds up quickly!
The problem with this is that antacids are simply hiding the problem and not healing the problem. And even more problematic is that antacids are actually slowing hurting you more with each antacid you pop. Let me explain.
Taking one antacid after a spicy meal is perfectly fine but continuously relying on the antacid by taking too many can lead to potentially serious health problems. For instance, millions of antacid regulars have suffered from calcium-based kidney stones forming. Diarrhea is also a common side-effect when antacids are over-used. Other side-effects include low blood pressure, breathing problems, and even osteomalacia (bones become brittle). Now you know why Zantac, Prilosec, Pipcid AC and Tagamet all have warnings that say “Do NOT take for more than 14 days”.
Though an antacid may seem like a good idea at the time, you should consider curing your heartburn with a reflux remedy and not hiding the problem anymore.
Reflux Remedy Heals LES and Esophagus
First off, it is important to know that the reflux remedy will cure the problem behind the acid reflux and not just hide the symptoms. How will it do this?
Antacids are used to neutralize the acids which will treat the symptoms. Though you will feel better for the time being, you know that you are one meal away from feeling the same way. The reflux remedy does just the opposite!
The remedy works to teach you what foods will work to heal and strengthen the stomach muscle flap called the sphincter. By strengthening the flap, you will be able to allow food to enter the stomach and keep the stomach acids down (where they belong).
Here is a quick check-list to see if you are working to heal your esophagus and LES or hurting them.
1. Your Diet! Probably the biggest cause of the heartburn. Here is a quick list of foods that trigger flare-ups: chocolate; citrus fruits; spicy foods; fatty foods; and fried foods. Buy a journal and note the times and foods that are consumed before the flare-up. You should notice a pattern in a couple weeks.
2. No Crunchy Foods! Our treatment calls that you abstain from hard foods for the first few days of the treatment. During this time, your esophagus will get a rest and be allowed to heal itself from the crunchy and spicy foods.
3. H-Two-O! You should get in the habit of drinking a tall glass of water after every meal or snack. You should eat five smaller meals per day as opposed to three large meals. Water will help cleanse the sphincter flap so it closes up tighter, not allowing gases and acid to leak up into your esophagus, causing the pain.
4. Chew Much! This is a lost habit but an effective one! You should learn to chew your food thoroughly. There are numerous benefits which include: better digestion, eating less, preventing heartburn and even losing weight.
5. Apples! This is a free-be!