Heartburn is rampant. It affects about 60 million Americans daily. It must be countless worldwide. Even children can be subject to it’s discomforts. Call it acid reflux, GERD, or heartburn, you still want some relief.
For some people it is chronic. For others Acid Reflux is only an occasional problem. It matters little which is your situation. When it hits you want a quick fix for your heartburn.
Prevention, of course is the better course. And that is possible, as is a cure. Right now, while your throat is burning, you have the burps, and you know you won’t sleep tonight, the following tips will help you get some immediate relief. What you really want is a real cure, and that actually is possible naturally. But for now try these ideas.
1. Try chewing some sugar-free gum. It will cause your glands to produce more saliva, which, as it runs down your throat, will help rinse that acid back into the stomach where it belongs. The flavor isn’t the most important thing, but some folks find peppermint does not work so well. Neither does plain water.
2. Hard candies are a good thing to suck on. They cause you to create saliva the same as chewing gum. Saliva has bicarbonate properties that help neutralize the acid.
3. My Dad’s favorite relief came from a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda mixed in a glass of water. For him it seemed to work fairly well.
4. Apple Cider vinegar mixed in warm water will do the same rinsing as baking soda and might be easier for you to swallow.
5. There are herbs you can make into tea. The best way is to make a quart or so ahead and just keep it on hand for when you need it. Use ginger, oregano or basil, or a combination if you like, and be sure to let it steep for at least half an hour.
You can use these natural quick fixes for heartburn whenever it strikes. But, realize they are just temporary solutions to a serious problem. Use these as needed while you cure your heartburn. That’s right, CURE! A permanent and natural system to cure acid reflux is possible if you find the right program, one that will get to the root cause of Acid Reflux. You know you can’t spend every day depending on some quick fix for your Acid Reflux.