Do you want more traffic to your site or blog? I'm guessing you do because I do not know anyone who says they get too much traffic. I think that's a problem we'd all like to have. There is a lot of SEO advice out there. It's easy to suffer paralysis by analysis, get overwhelmed and not do anything.
But there are simple SEO strategies you can put in place to generate more traffic to your blog. The most powerful factor to high search engine rankings and lots of traffic is inbound links to your site.
Most credible SEO experts will tell you that nowadays (especially with Google) inbound links pointing toward your site or blog is probably the biggest thing you can do for climbing up the search engines.
The most influential and powerful inbound links:
- Come from highly ranked authority sites
- Highly relevant to the topic of your site or blog
- Use relevant and searched-for keywords in the link anchor text
Of course, a lot of aspects of linking is not within your control.
However, a lot more about link building IS in control compared to just a few years ago. This is because many web 2.0 sites are considered highly ranked authority sites by the search engines. And with a lot of those sites YOU can generate your own links with your own keyword-rich anchor text.
I'm talking about sites like:
There are plenty more web 2.0 sites like this out there and many smaller one's that are specific to certain niches. A key to getting quality links (and traffic) from sites like Digg or Propeller is to include high quality content on your own site or blog.
Here are some things you can do to start getting some quality inbound links to your site.
- Put valuable content on your own site. This is absolutely the best place to start when you put together a linking campaign. Without quality content on your site, no one is going to want to link to it.
- Use Remote Content Sites. Here, I'm talking about creating content on other web 2.0 properties such as Squidoo, Hub Pages, Xanga, WordPress.com and Blogger. You can then interlink these properties together ton enhance your site's search engine rankings and authority in the eyes of the search engines.
Starting out with an aggressive linking campaign using these basic linking strategies will go a long way toward improving your search engine rankings and generate more traffic to your blog or web site.