Most of us know that getting the right amounts of important nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, iron, and so on, is necessary to our overall health and well-being; but what most men do not realize is that certain vitamins are essential to penis health, as well. One of the most overlooked, yet most important of these is vitamin D.
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin which is perhaps best known for its importance in maintaining bone health. As an antioxidant, it provides vital immune system support and has powerful cancer-fighting properties, as well. This essential nutrient is synthesized in the skin upon exposure to sunlight; it can also be found in a small number of food sources, including fortified milk and cereal, beef liver, eggs, and certain types of fatty fish.
Unfortunately, it is difficult for many of us to get enough vitamin D through dietary sources alone, and concerns about overexposure to sunlight can result in insufficient vitamin D levels in many individuals. Darker-skinned individuals and those who regularly use sunscreen are especially prone to vitamin D deficiencies.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Vitamin D
Aside from its well-known role in building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth, vitamin D has many other beneficial properties:
1. Immune system support: The antioxidant properties of vitamin D are crucial for fighting off certain types of cancer, as well as protecting against other life-threatening conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Vitamin D is also important in maintaining overall good health and helping the body to recover from illness and injury.
2. Improved skin condition: Vitamin D is essential to healthy, supple skin; this “miracle” nutrient has been shown to alleviate overall dryness and itching, to repair damaged skin cells, and to prevent premature aging. In fact, vitamin D crèmes and ointments are the most effective and most-often prescribed form of treatment for psoriasis, an uncomfortable and unsightly condition that causes itching, burning, and flaking of the skin.
3. Nervous system support: Vitamin D provides vital nervous system support, ensuring that nerve receptors are functioning properly and respond appropriately to stimuli.
4. Organ support: Having sufficient levels of vitamin D helps to facilitate proper organ function, resulting in an overall sense of well-being and vitality.
5. Reproductive health: Low levels of vitamin D have been linked both to erectile dysfunction and to a decreased sperm count; getting enough vitamin D is essential to maintaining male reproductive health.
How Vitamin D Benefits Penis Well-being
The penis health benefits that you can enjoy when you get plenty of vitamin D on a regular basis are significant. Sufficient levels of vitamin D can help you maintain healthy and supple penile skin that is sensitive and responsive to the touch, resulting in more enjoyment of sex and making you a better partner. An effective vitamin D supplement is also vital to keeping preventing dryness and soreness that results from chafing during intercourse or masturbation.
While there are numerous types of oral vitamin D supplements SOLD as capsules or tablets, most of these over-the-counter preparations which are readily available for purchase, unfortunately, because they are ingested, D are often absorbed by the organs of the body or are passed through the body and seldom provide maximum benefits to the penis. The penis benefits of vitamin D can be most easily obtained through use of a penis health creme (men’s health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil), which is applied topically and absorbed directly into the penis skin for maximum effectiveness. These penis-specific vitamins, minerals, and amino acids provide numerous penis health benefits that keep you feeling great and performing at your best.