Pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg returned to the Supreme Court bench three weeks after surgery for pancreatic cancer. Ginsburg, who is 75, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the beginning of this February and surgeons removed a small tumor that had not spread. Experts say she has a good chance of recovery.
Most Americans wish Justice Ruth Ginsburg good health, but what came to peoples mind, especially people with chronic pancreatitis, when they read this news? “Thanks God, it is not me”, “What can I do to avoid that?”
People who have chronic pancreatitis are at a higher risk of developing pancreatic cancer. On the contrary, improving the health of pancreas may help to prevent of developing pancreatic cancer.
The chain reaction: healthy pancreas, acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, can be really slow down by changing life style and using alternative medicine.
The pancreas is a gland located behind the stomach. It is surrounded by the liver, stomach, gallbladder, and duodenum (small intestine). The pancreas has two most important functions. One is to produce pancreatic juice needed to neutralize stomach acids and break down food. The second is to produce hormones, such as insulin, which controls the level of glucose in the blood.
Pancreatic cancer occurs when abnormal, cancerous cells grow in the tissues of the pancreas mainly in the ducts that carry pancreatic juices. About 80% of pancreatic cancers occur in the “head” of the pancreas. This is the area where the common bile duct merges the pancreatic duct that carries the pancreatic juice with digestive enzymes from pancreas to the duodenum. Blend secretion of bile and pancreatic juice goes trough the opening with a muscles valve.
Spasm or blockage of this valve may cause back up of the pancreatic juice and increasing of pressure inside the pancreatic duct. Trapped inside the pancreas digestive enzymes start to digest their own pancreatic cells causing congestion, inflammation, pain, cysts and finally death of pancreatic tissue or pancreatic cancer.
The whole idea to help people with chronic pancreatitis is “open the gates”, get rid of the blockages in proper moving of the bile and pancreatic juice, remove back up of the pancreatic juice. What may help this way to lower risk of pancreatic cancer?
- Acupuncture can open passages and valves, normalize the function of liver, gallbladder and pancreas. Acupuncture improves microcirculation and immunity, decreases pain and congestion.
- Proper organic healing diet decreases inner toxicity and irritation of the pancreas.
- Herbs have a long history of using in people with pancreatic problems.
- Nutritional supplements can decrease oxidative stress, inflammation, pain.
- Drinking healing mineral water preparing from the Karlovy Vary Thermal Spring Salt can decrease acidity, decrease congestion and pancreatic juice’s back up.
- Regular exercises, chiropractic manipulations and point massage.
- Avoid smoking, stop drinking alcohol by using Hypnosis, Acupuncture, etc.
- Body Cleansing.
- Restoration of friendly intestinal flora by using Colon Hydrotherapy and Probiotics.
Pancreatic cancer is easy to prevent than treat, especially in predisposal people. Of course, early detection of cancer is as important as ever.
The information on this article is presented for educational, informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment and advice of a qualified licensed professional.