Biliary dyskinesia is defined as a gallbladder evacuation disorder characterized by biliary colic in the absence of stones, with an abnormal ejection fraction of gallbladder, caused by the dysfunction of gallbladder or Oddi’s sphincter. This condition occurs in women aged around 40 years and the causes are unhealthy eating habits or disorders arising from adjacent organs (colitis, gastritis) and even gynecological diseases. Proper treatment is practical for each individual person suffering from this disease. Alimentation has a critical role. If it is suitable, can prevent or relieve symptoms.
Phytotherapy – treatment for biliary dyskinesia
Biliary type dyspeptic disorders are treated by stimulating bile in the liver cell – choleretic action – and by stimulating gallbladder contraction in the duodenum of bile for elimination – cholagogue action.
Plants with choleretic and / or cholagogue action widely used are:
• Chicory can be used in food as salad made from young leaves or as an infusion made from 15 grams of dried leaves per liter of water. Drink 1-2 cups a day.
• Artichoke is used before meals, as an infusion obtained from two teaspoons of leaves per cup of water, which is drink two cups a day.
• Celandine, which has antispastic action (relieves pain from gallbladder contraction), is administered as an infusion, prepared from 3 grams of dried leaves per cup of water; this amount to be drunk gradually, within a day.
• Dandelion is used as an infusion of two teaspoons of herb (whole) to a cup of water, 2-3 cups per day.
• Milk thistle seeds are used as a decoction prepared from 20 g seeds per cup of water, given by 1/2 h before meals.
• Lemon balm is consumed as an infusion of 10 grams of leaves and blossoms in a cup of water, 2-3 cups per day.
• Celery with cholagogue action is consumed after every meal, one cup of infusion with a teaspoon of leaves.
In this disease, diet is very important and sometimes hygienic-dietary regime alone can restore digestive balance of the patient with biliary dyskinesia.
This refers to the liver and biliary protective diet, meaning foods allowed and especially the way they prepare. Must be excluded canned food, sausages, smoked meat, animal fats, cabbage, dried beans, french fries, spicy foods (pepper, paprika, mustard). Foods high colecistokinetic (which stimulates gallbladder contraction) such as cream, eggs, butter, can be consumed in small quantities depending on individual tolerance. Very important is how to prepare food: cooked food is indicated by boiling or baking.
Do not allow the use of food fried in oil or lard, foods prepared with fatty sauces, fried onions. It is indicated the consumption of raw salad. Milk is the food that is not well tolerated by gallbladder.
Black radish juice has good drainage effects (have a choleretic, cholagogue and bile fluidization action). It is recommended two courses a year, three weeks each. Also are recommend regular meal, at regular hours, and for effective biliary drainage is indicated that after lunch the patient to stand for 30 minutes lying on the right.
Calivita natural products helpful in biliary dyskinesia
– Natural supplements based on lecithin extracted from soy, as Super Soya Lecithin – 100 caps, are effective in proper functioning of the nervous system and maintain a normal cholesterol level. Lecithin’s active substances, choline and inositol, help in breaking down and burning fats, thus preventing his deposit in the liver and bile.
– Digestive enzymes from papaya, as Meal Time supplement, are helpful in digestion and digestive disorders. Digestive enzymes that stimulate the digestive process can be beneficial for correcting and adjusting gallbladder, liver, pancreas and intestine activity, with an important role in eliminating injuries caused by improper digestion.