Ovarian cysts are becoming more and more common in women these days. And there is proof that many life-style and environmental factors are contributing to this problem. Every year,we are exposed to 15 lbs. of chemicals that the body has to rid itself of. We frequently eat foods that are not of the best quality and drink beverages that are very damaging to our hormonal system.
This hormonal system is the key in keeping the female organs healthy. To prevent diseases such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, fibrocystic disease, and endometriosis it is necessary that the female hormonal system be kept healthy and intact.
The liver is one of the main organs essential in keeping this hormonal system healthy and intact. The liver has more than 500 functions. But one of those 500 functions is a very important one, and that is detoxification. The liver is an important organ that neutralizes all toxins and chemicals on a daily basis for our own protection.
It neutralizes chemicals such as pesticides, PCB’s, medications, birth control, and even hormones that we find in our water and food sources. The problem is that some of these chemicals tend to mimic the female hormone estrogen. This creates a sense of too much hormones in the body and stimulates the female organs excessively. This is one of the main culprits that causes ovarian cysts.
A healthy liver is one of the main factors that can prevent this excessive buildup of toxins that mimic estrogen.
How can we keep the liver healthy? First of all, the more we are exposed to these chemicals the more the liver has to work. And in the same way an air conditioners’ filter gets clogged, the liver can also get clogged.
Here are some simple steps to follow to protect the female organs through a healthy and functional liver:
1. Eat a good serving of broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts at least 4 times a week.
2. Eat foods in their natural state as much as possible and only eat foods that are organic or grown locally.
3. Drink at least 10 glasses of water per day.
4. Eat proteins that are high in sulfur. Sulfur and protein are needed for detoxification. Proteins such as all types of beans, black beans, kidney beans, etc…
5. Other high sulfur foods would be garlic and onion. 6. Add 2 capsules of a standardized Milk Thistle herb to your daily supplements for at least 3 months per year.
Maintaining a healthy liver will not only guarantee healthy female organs, thus preventing ovarian cysts, but also a clean and healthy body.