When nausea and vomiting occur, it might be an indication that you are suffering from morning sickness, food poisoning, gastrointestinal problems, infections, migraines, motion sickness, kidney problems or more serious health conditions. Most of the common symptoms of nausea is ‘queasiness’ in the stomach and even abdominal cramps. These cramps are often followed by vomiting. Though there are now many medications that could treat nausea and its accompanied symptoms, most people still prefer to use the natural remedies. If you suddenly experience nausea and vomiting, fret not for there are lots of natural remedies that can help you treat your cramps.
- Drink a cup of ginger tea or chew shaved ginger. These two herbs are known to help people with digestive and gastrointestinal problems. As we all know, ginger has been used for such a long time to cure digestive ailments and to ease the nausea and vomit attacks. But if you have problems with your blood, it is wise to seek your doctor’s advice first before engaging yourself to this type of remedy.
- Try having a few drops of peppermint essential oil on an ice cube. Sucking the peppermint ice will help your stomach to calm down as well as it could prevent excessive salivation.
- Eat plain crackers and saltines. Before you get up from your bed in the morning, it is better to munch on some plain crackers to prevent the over production of acid on your stomach. This particular remedy is best with pregnant women who suffer from morning sickness. They can eat these protein rich snacks even before going to bed to help them deal with the accompanied symptoms of morning sickness.
- Sip some cranberry juice if you feel nauseous. Though fruit juice may aggravate the production of acid on your stomach, cranberry juice will not affects your digestive system at all. In fact it will help ease your cramps.
- A cup of hot water and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder will also help you deal with nausea and vomiting. But you will have to strain the cinnamon so it would not be too gritty when you drink it. Cinnamon has been proven safe in treating any gastrointestinal ailments.
These are just some of the natural remedies that could help you deal with nausea and vomiting. But make sure that you talk with your doctor first before you engage to any of these remedies. Your doctor will only be the one who can tell which remedies will work best on you.