Young children (especially infants), older adults, and people who have compromised immune systems are very vulnerable to the potentially life-threatening effects of this illness.
Unless otherwise specified, the dosages recommended here are for adults. For a child between the ages of twelve and seventeen, reduce the dose to three-quarters the recommended amount. For a child between six and twelve, use one-half the recommended dose, and for a child under the age of six, use one-quarter the recommended amount.
NATURAL HERBS FOR
– Astragalus enhances the immune system.
– Clear Lungs from Ridgecrest Herbals is an herbal combination that helps provide relief from shortness of breath, tightness in the chest, and wheezing due to bronchial congestion. It is available in two formulas: one with ephedra and the other without. They appear to be equally effective.
– Echinacea enhances immunity.
– Ginger is an effective antimicrobial agent and is helpful for fever.
– Goldenseal and licorice root are antibiotics
Caution: Do not take goldenseal internally on a daily basis for more than one week at a time, do not use it during pregnancy, and use it with caution if you are allergic to ragweed. Do not use licorice on a daily basis for more than seven days in a row, and avoid it completely if you have high blood pressure.
Lung Tonic from Herbs, etc. contains a variety of herbs that support the lungs.
– See your health care provider if you suspect
– Eat a diet consisting of raw of fruits and vegetables.
– Take a protein supplement from vegetable source, such as a free-form amino acid complex. Amino acids are the building block proteins. Soy is excellent source of non-dairy protein.
– Drink plenty of fresh juices. Liquids help to thin the lung secretions. Fast on pure juices, fresh lemon juice, and distilled water.
– Include “green drinks: in your diet or take chlorophyll in tablet form. Earth Source Greens and more from – Solgar is a good green drink product.
– If you are taking antibiotics, take acidophilus is capsule or liquid form three times each day.
– Exclude dairy products, sugar, and white flour products from your diet.
– Do not smoke.
– Use a cool mist from a humidifier or vaporizer to help ease breathing.
– Place a heating pad or a hot water bottle on your chest to relieve pain.
– Consider using device called Air Supply from Wein Products. This is a personal air purifier that is worn around the neck. It kills and deactivates airborne viruses, bacteria, molds, and spores.
– To avoid passing the infection along to others dispose of secretions properly. Sneeze and/ or cough into disposable tissues. Flush used tissues to discard them.
– Children with