Ovarian cysts do not always produce symptoms but when they do some of the symptoms include: abdominal fullness, abdominal pain, pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), irregular menstrual periods, vaginal spotting, difficulty and/or pain during bowel movement and abdominal bloating. The good news is that there are natural ovarian cyst relief secrets and natural cures for cysts that help relieve the symptoms and decrease the factors that cause a cyst to grow. These methods are sensible and seek to relieve symptoms of ovarian cysts and prevent the cyst from enlarging as much as possible without resorting to drugs and their associated side effects or the risks of surgery.
If you suffer from ovarian cysts, I encourage you to jot down these tips or print this list out so you can readily refer to it when pain and discomfort attacks.
- Empty your bladder as soon you feel the urge to urinate.
- Apply a hot water bottle or heating pad to the lower abdomen. The heat helps to reduce discomfort, relax the tense muscles in the pelvis, and stimulate circulation and healing in the ovaries. Sitting for a while in a warm bath is also a natural ovarian cyst relief secret. Ice packs could also be used. Any of these hydrotherapy methods are effective cyst relief secrets.
- One of the natural cures for cysts is by applying hot castor oil packs to the lower abdomen, it helps reduce inflammation and hasten a cyst to drain and disappear. However, please note that castor oil packs should not be used during pregnancy.
- Gently massage the affected area.
- One of the natural ovarian cyst relief secrets is to avoid constipation by eating lots of high fiber food like oatmeal, not because constipation is a cause of ovarian cysts, but because it increases pelvic discomfort. If you are already experiencing pelvic discomfort related to cysts, you don’t want to aggravate it.
- Avoid rigorous exercises for a while to avoid the cyst twisting and/or rupturing. There are yoga exercises that help to increase circulation of blood in the lower abdomen.
- Drink herbal teas like chamomile tea to help sooth the nerves, get anti-oxidants into the body and flush out toxins.
- Limit to the barest minimum or better still totally avoid alcohol and caffeine intake. Consumption of drinks which contain caffeine and alcohol will only aggravate the cyst.
- Try to wear loose and comfortable clothes.
- Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, as these help move waste matter and flush out toxins from the body. This is one of the natural cures for ovarian cysts.
- Eat foods that are rich in Vitamins A and B like carrots and brown rice because these vitamins prevent abnormal cell growth.