The disease which is caused by the reactivation of the herpes zoster virus is called Shingles. It is also known by the name of herpes zoster. It is a localized skin rash which is very painful. Usually there are blisters on the top of the reddish skin. It is similar to chickenpox and is also caused by the same virus.
The virus of the chickenpox becomes reactivated and result into shingles but what is the reason behind this reactivation is not sure. Some of the major conditions which accelerate the reactivation are fatigue, stress, HIV/AIDS, treatments of radiation, cancer, due to weak immune system and due to some injury in the skin where rashes occur.
Shingles can affect many parts of the body depending upon the involvement of the nerves.
1. Extreme sensitivity or pain is one of the main symptoms of shingles. Different types of sensation can be experienced by a person like burning, shooting, headache, fever, chills, itching etc. One should take immediate medical help if these symptoms appear on the face especially near the eyes.
2. After one or two days the rashes with red bumps and blisters erupts on the skin with full pain. First they are filled with pus and after they form scabs by 10-12 days.
3. After two –three weeks as the scabs fall off, the rash disappears but result into the scarring.
4. In some patients postherpetic neuralgia is developed in which even after the rash disappears the pain remain for a long time.
Some of the natural cures of shingles are also available –
1. Apple cider vinegar is very effective for shingles. Make use of apple cider vinegar, it will reduce the pain caused by shingles. Even apple cider vinegar can be applied directly on the affected area by dabbing it with a soft cloth and let it dry. Repeat this process as often as needed by you. It will help the blisters to heal more rapidly.
2. As vitamin C help to boost our immune system. So make a habit to intake vitamin C in large quantity that is in between 2000 to 4000 mg.
3. You can also get relief from pain by the intake of MSM. So take 1000 mg at least two times a day.
4. Make a paste by mixing a small quantity of cayenne pepper and aloe vera gel. Apply it to the affected area. You will get immediate relief from the pain of shingles.