Most doctors will tell you there is no cure for diabetes. However, some people believe there are natural cures for diabetes. Diabetes is a disease in which the pancreas does not produce the needed amount of insulin. Insulin is a hormone that naturally turns sugars into energy in your body. Without the production of insulin, your body is not able to turn sugars into the energy that your body needs and these sugars stay in your blood, which makes your kidneys have to work harder than normal. The sugars are then washed from your body in your urine.
One of the most common symptoms of diabetes is frequent urination. Over time, if left untreated, diabetes can put you at a higher risk for disease such as heart disease and stroke. It is important for you to learn to control your diabetes. Many diabetes natural cures can be added to a healthy diet and can help you to control the symptoms of diabetes. Although, many people feel the diabetes has been cured, the changes in your diet must be followed through your life in order to prevent the onset of diabetes symptoms.
Healthy Diet in Diabetes
The most important diabetes natural cure is a change in lifestyle. You should begin eating a healthy diet as early in life as possible. This can help you to prevent many illnesses and diseases that are caused by poor diet. Diabetes is one of these diseases. The most important aspect of your healthy diet is learning to eat a variety of foods and eating the correct portions. It is also important to eat your meals on a regular schedule – rather than 1-2 large meals per day, eat 4 small meals. This helps you to better control your portion sizes and helps your body to produce the needed energy. Here are some ways diet can help you prevent or decrease the symptoms of diabetes:
- Whole-grain – eating whole-grain foods such as wheat bread, wheat rice, and wheat pasta help you to decrease the amount of carbohydrates in your diet. (Carbohydrates turn to sugar in your body.)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables – any healthy diet should include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – eating foods such as cold-water fish that are high in Omega-3 fatty acids helps to provide your body with "good" fats.
- Carbohydrates – carbohydrates are needed to help your body produce energy. But if your body is not producing insulin correctly, you will need to decrease the amounts of carbohydrates in your diet.
- Sweets – desserts with a high content of sugar should be limited or eliminated from your diet. You can get natural sugars by eating fresh fruits.
- Alcohol – alcohol consumption should be decreed or avoided.
Diabetes Natural Cures
Many doctors will prescribe medications to help you control the symptoms of diabetes. Before you begin a treatment with medication, you should discuss with your physician the side effects of the medication, as well as any interactions with other drugs or food. For those who do not wish to risk the side effects of medication, there are some popular diabetes natural cures:
- Ginseng – has been shown to help control blood sugar levels
- Chromium – helps the body's cells properly respond to insulin
- Magnesium – can help regulate blood sugar levels. Magnesium can be found naturally in foods such as green leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds. Low magnesium levels can worsen the symptoms of diabetes.
- Cinnamon – can help to control blood glucose levels.
- Zinc – helps in the production and storage of insulin. Zinc can be found naturally in foods such as oysters, ginger root, pecans, egg yolk, beef liver, sardines, almonds, and chicken.
- Bitter melon – helps to increase the number of beta cells, the cells that produce insulin.
- Indian Kino – this herb helps to regenerate beta cells
- Gymnema Sylvestre – helps the pancreas to produce insulin and help insulin to lower blood sugar levels
- Indian Gooseberry – helps to stimulate the pancreas causing the pancreas to produce more insulin
These are some of the many diabetes natural cures that have been shown to be effective in preventing and controlling the symptoms of diabetes. The most effective cure or treatment of diabetes is eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.