The ayurvedic treatment for liver cirrhosis is very effective. The ayurvedic treatment is very old since ancient time and has proven track record. The ayurveda has no side effects. Ayurveda works on the principle of balancing the three doshas of the body called vatta- pitta- kapha and treats the patient of liver cirrhosis. Liver Cirrhosis is a slowly progressing disease in which liver tissue is replaced with scar tissue, preventing the liver from functioning properly. The scar tissue blocks the flow of blood through the liver and slows down the processing of nutrients, hormones, drugs, and naturally produced toxins. It also slows down the production of proteins and other substances made by the liver.
Causes of Liver Cirrhosis
Fatty liver, hepatitis B & C & D, alcohol abuse, obesity, diabetes, blockage of bile duct, repeated bouts of heart failure and certain inherited diseases like cystic fibrosis, glycogen storage disease, wilson’s disease.
The major causes of cirrhosis are as follows
- Chronic alcoholism.
- Viral infections caused by chronic viral hepatitis (types B, C and D).
- Metabolic diseases such as alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency, galactosemia and glycogen storage disorders.
- Inherited diseases such as Wilson disease and hemochromatosis.
- Biliary cirrhosis resulting from diseases such as primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC).
- Toxic hepatitis caused by severe reactions to prescribed drugs or prolonged exposure to environmental toxins.
- Repeated bouts of heart failure with liver congestion.
Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of energy, which may be debilitating
- Weight loss or sudden weight gain
- Yellowing of skin or the whites of eyes
- Itchy skin
- Fluid retention (edema) and swelling in the ankles, legs, and abdomen (often an early sign)
- A brownish or orange tint to the urine
- Light colored stools
- Confusion, disorientation, personality changes
- Blood in the stool
Ayurvedic Treatment of Liver Cirrhosis
The ayurvedic treatment of liver cirrhosis is done through natural herbs. Herbs are medicinal plants which are used to make ayurvedic medicines. The medicinal plants are grown in clean environment without polluted soil. The herbs that can treat liver cirrhosis are Bhumi amla, katuki, punarnava, kalmegh, kaasni, sharpunkha, bhringraj, makoy, kaasni. Biranjasipha, jhavuka, himsra, haritaki. These herbs have following effects on liver nad improves the functioning of liver.
- Helps in trating hepatitis B, jaundice, diabetes, inflammation, sores, ulcers, UTI infections
- Hepatoprotective, antibacterial, laxative, anti allergy, anti oxidant
- Helps toning the urinary system
- Improves the functioning of liver
- Anti biotic
- Immune system stimulant
- Protects liver
- Improves circulatory system
- Reduces fever
- Reduces cold and cough
- Improves respiratory tract functioning
- Induces proper sleep
- Keeps CNS system healthy, thus helps in reducing confusion and impaired judgement
- Healthy heart
- Improves functioning of the digestive system
- Improves metabolic disorders
- Provides nutrition to the body
- Improves eye diseases
- Rejuvenates the body
- Fastens the healing process of the body of the patient