If you are concerned about suffering from a heart attack, or if heart disease runs within your family, it is best to know beforehand which signs and symptoms all pinpoint to an impending heart attack.
1. First off, the most common sign is chest pain. Many people who have suffered from heart attack almost always feel chest pain or a tightening of the chest during the onset of an attack. In the event that you feel chest pain, it is important for you to get in contact with a doctor immediately. While pain is often intense there are cases when the pain is mild and tolerable. However no matter how subtle the pain may be, it could be a symptom of a heart attack.
2. Patients also feel a sort of pain from the jaw to the shoulders and the arms. Although oftentimes the pain can come from the chest, you can feel a certain numbness on your shoulders, arms, and jaw which can be intensely painful.
3. Other telltale signs of a heart attack include the following: nausea, fainting, weakness, anxiety, or dizziness. If you suddenly feel apprehensive that you are having all these symptoms, it is best for you to seek help immediately. These symptoms are more common in women.
4. Again, chest pressure is also common, ranging from mild to severe.
5. Palpitations and irregular beating of the heart can also lead to a full-blown heart attack. You can tell this by actually feeling the rapid beating or fluttering of your heart. Oftentimes, people will simply brush this off as an anxiety attack.
6. One obvious symptom is breathing difficulty or shortness of breath. It will be difficult for you to breathe if your heart is not pumping in the right manner. Look for signs of shortness of breath. If you feel breathing difficulties upon waking up or after traveling, consult your physician right away.
7. Heartburn is also a sign. Often the pain is situated in the area where you usually feel pain after eating something incompatible. You should not dismiss the pain of heartburn as simply nothing.
8. Excessive sweating is a sign that you are exerting extra effort without you being fully conscious about it. Thus if you suddenly break in a sweat and you feel somewhat clammy, this could be a real sign.
9. The fist to chest position or the so-called Levin’s Sign is one tell-tale symptom of a heart disease. This is often an automatic response for people suffering from this disease.