Know about the Toxic Plants to your Bulldogs

Bulldog for sale: The bulldog is an even-tempered dog and a valued member of many families. English bulldogs usually live inside, as they do not fare well in extreme temperatures. For this reason, families must be careful when choosing plants for inside their home. Certain plants are toxic to dogs, and their ingestion can make English Bulldogs quite ill. Take the dogs suspected of ingesting any part of harmful plants to the veterinarian for diagnosis and treatment.

Peace Lily:
The peace lily, especially popular during Easter, thrives in bright light but also can live in low, indoor lighting. All parts of the peace lily are toxic, and English bulldogs that ingest the plant can suffer adverse health effects. The Symptoms associated with peace-lily poisoning in dogs include irritation of the mouth, burning of the mouth and tongue, difficulty swallowing, drooling and vomiting.

Sago Palm:
The sago palm, also known as the cardboard or coontie palm, contains a toxic substance called cycasin. The Symptoms associated with the sago-palm ingestion includes the increased thirst, vomiting,bruising and hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. The bulldogs that develop these symptoms from sago palm ingestion can later have serious liver complications, resulting in liver failure and death.

Aloe:
There are more than 250 species of the aloe plant, most of which are native to Africa. They are commonly found in homes and yards throughout the country, but many dog owners do not realize they are toxic to dogs and cats. Normally, the aloe plant contains a toxic substance known as saponins, which causes serious health problems for dogs if they ingest it. The Symptoms most commonly associated with aloe poisoning are vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, tremors and a change in the color of the dog’s urine.

It can be easy to confuse a non-toxic plant with a toxic houseplant, and vice versa. While it is a bit unrealistic to say that houseplants should be kept out of a home where pets live, having the wrong house plant in your home can be the difference between life and death for your dog.

It is always better to be safe, then you must have the plants in your home and you are not sure to safe for ingestion by your dog, hang them on a hook or put them on a tall shelf or somewhere else where your dog will never be able to get to it.

The Dogs tend to chew on leaves and green plants when they are having stomachache or some other digestion problem, so it is in their nature to want to nibble on the plants in your home. However, if they are unable to get to any of the plants in your home and that is not an issue that you have to worry about.

If you suspect that your dog has partaken and one of your houseplants, is probably a good idea to seek the veterinary care as soon as possible. Make sure to the name and species of the plants in your home so that you can at least identify them for the veterinarian when you call or take your dog in for treatment. In general, there areĀ  many houseplants which are safe for dogs to that the one, many of them are not. The good rule of thumb is that, if you think it might not be safe to have in the home with your dog and try to leave it in a store. The life of your best friend is not worth of it.

For more details about Bulldogmania