Calcium kidney stones are by far the most common type of stones in the kidneys. Statistics show that about 9 out of 10 kidney stone sufferers have a calcium stone. If you do, this article is for you!
In this article, you will learn some simple and valuable tips for how to pass calcium kidney stones. Let's get started with your alternative treatment.
Dissolving Kidney Calcium Stones
If you suffer from this disease, your body is not able to flush the calcium from your body effectively. Instead of flushing the calcium through your urine, the calcium deposits will sit in your kidneys and form a stone. Hence, the word calcium oxalate stones.
However, dissolving and flushing these types of stones is remarkably simple because the body does all the work. There have been numerous studies done on this common disease because this disease will effect 12% of the population at some point in our lives.
Here are some of the tips these studies have shown us.
How to Pass Your Kidney Stones
1. Obviously, drinking plenty of water is very important for passing your stones. A study in the New England Journal of Medicine (1993) showed the drinking water can greatly decrease your chance of forming stones in your kidneys. You should drink 10+ glasses of water throughout the day.
2. Do not try to avoid calcium supplements and dairy. It has actually been found that calcium restricted diets can cause more occurrences of calcium kidney stones. How is that for irony?
3. You should try to avoid a diet rich in meat consumption. Try to get your protein source from nuts and legumes until your stones pass.
4. Eating vegetables with plenty of chlorophyll can be helpful for flushing the kidneys. Try to add spinach and fresh parsley to your diet.
5. Educate yourself about phosphoric acid. Phosphoric acid is a common type of acid that is in everything from your common beverages to cleaning products. Phosphoric acid has been shown to help dissolve calcium in tubs and sinks and even kidneys.