Joint pain is a common disorder experienced by millions in varying degrees and due to various causes. Both children and adults suffer from this problem either from any physical injury, some internal disorder or due to aging. Age related joint pains or Arthritis comes in various forms and features that start showing its symptoms from the age of 50 reaching the peak at 75. Such pains can pose great problems leading to general debility. People suffering from osteoarthritis type joint pains go through agonizing moments due to sever attacks of pains that last for hours.
Main joints like shoulders, knees, hands, back and hips are mostly affected by this condition arising from Arthritis reducing the free movement to a great extent. Painful elbows, fingers, ankles and heels are also experienced by some due to this.
Many factors are responsible for this condition like –
1. The reduction of the synovial fluids due to aging that reduces the lubrication of the joints preventing more friction between the joints and thus results in the pain.
2. Natural wear and tear of the joints and weakening of the cartilage due to aging leading to osteoarthritis.
3. Autoimmune disease like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
4. Drop in the estrogen levels in women after menopause.
5. Unhealthy food habits and life style that leads to gout.
6. Sprain and dislocation due to physical injury
8. Leukemia and bone cancer.
The symptoms of the joint pains vary a lot depending upon the locations and the causes behind them. General symptoms observed are as follows –
1. Swelling and inflammation of the joints that can cause due to arthritis or any physical injury.
2. Stiffness and tenderness in the joints.
3. Experiencing moderate or acute pain due to dislocation, fracture or arthritis.
4. Extreme difficulty in moving the joints.
5. Free movement gets impaired due to age related arthritis.
6. Experiencing difficulty in turning over in bed due to arthritis or spondylitis.
7. Patients suffering from osteoarthritis may experience creating noise in the joints.
8. Fever, weight loss, fatigue, muscle aches along with the pain and inflammation of the joints is observed in case of Rheumatoid arthritis.
9. Joint pains in youngger age may also result from bone tuberculosis, sickle cell anemia etc.
10. Localized severe joint pain and inflammation may be caused due to dislocation or sprain in the joints.
Remedies and Treatment
This involves –
1. Dietary and life style changes.
2. Taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
3. Massaging the affected areas with eucalyptus oil, menthol and camphor.
4. Supplements of herb Devil's Claw is highly effective in achieving this condition.
5. Hot and cold compress.
6. Physical workouts
7. Surgical procedures in some cases.