Hiatal hernias can be caused by accident, injury, birth defect or by extra pressure caused by obesity or pregnancy. They are also common in people who have GERD. A hiatal hernia occurs when either part of the stomach and lower esophagus slide up through the hiatus in the diaphragm (the muscle wall separating the abdomen and chest cavity) or when part of the stomach pushes through the hiatus and becomes trapped next to the esophagus. In some cases patients will feel little or no symptoms, while others can have more severe and painful symptoms.
Symptoms Of Hiatal Hernia Include:
· Chest pain
· Sore throat
Chest pain and heartburn are mainly due to the reflux of food and stomach acid into the esophagus that can cause a painful burning sensation, feeling a lump in the throat or chest and over a prolonged time can lead to asthma and erosion of the esophagus.
Fortunately symptoms can be treated successfully with homes cures and natural remedies in almost every instance. Alternative health remedies offer safe, low cost and easily available solutions compared to dangerous and expensive prescription medications.
Treatment For Symptoms Include:
· Proper diet to avoid triggering reflux
· Avoiding certain actions like bending over after meals – this helps prevent back flow.
· Eliminating bad habits such as consuming tobacco and alcohol
· Regular exercise
· In a few cases a doctor may recommend surgery although many risk factors can result in dangerous complications
In addition to a good diet and consistent exercise routine, natural remedies for acid reflux provide an effective, safe treatment and can even prevent further episodes.
Natural Remedies For Treatment Of Symptoms Of Hiatal Hernia Include:
· Herbs and spices that can either be used in cooking or by themselves including; ginger, basil, mint, licorice root and fennel seed.
· Honey. Honey can be used to combat symptoms of hiatal hernia either by itself or drinking it with herbal teas.
· Apple cider vinegar. This incredible remedy for symptoms of hiatal hernia has proven to work wonders for many. Normally a teaspoon or two can help for days and is readily available in most supermarkets. Make sure to buy a high quality brand.
· Baking soda and water drank after meals is also a natural remedy for symptoms of hiatal hernia.
· Aloe Vera Juice.
· Chewing gum after meals.
· Some swear by certain exercises or moves that can put the organs back in place.
· Staying hydrated with 6-10 glasses of water per day, but do not drink at meal times.
· Do not lay down right after a meal or do not eat close to bedtime. Keep your upper body elevate while sleeping.