Nasal polyps are known to cause a number of ailments in humans. They are fleshy growths or swellings that are found in the inner lining of the nasal passage and sinuses. Though these growths are benign, they can still cause quite a bit of bother to the person affected by them. Polyps come in a variety of size and appearance, varying from pink to yellowish brown in color. There are no fixed patterns in the growth of polyps and these are known to grow separately or even in clusters. They can be found in both nostrils at times or even in a single nostril.
The abundance of nasal polyps in an individual can lead to various problems, including breathing difficulties, reduced capability of smell and respiratory illnesses as well. Sinusitis is known to be caused due to the presence of nasal polyps growing in the para nasal sinuses. It is good to know that there are a number of treatment options available for polyps, though the following aspects will have to be kept in mind while looking at treatment options –
* When deciding on a treatment option, it is important to gauge the effect that it will have on your finances. With different options available at different prices, careful consideration must be done.
* Keeping in mind the treatment process is also vital. It is important to have a procedure that will be effective and least risky. Having a good background check on the professional who will perform the procedure will be a good way to be safe.
* The health of the individual will also play an important role. Any treatment option that is not viable for your health condition will not help you in the long run. So, be sure that the treatment you go for will not deteriorate the situation any further.
The three most common methods for treatment of polyps are –
* Home remedies can be used for treating mild cases of polyps. This can be achieved by learning all the facts that you can about this condition. In most cases it can be cured without a trip to the doctor.
* Corticosteroids are also used as methods of treatment in slightly severe cases. These can be available in the form of tablets, drops or sprays. However, these offer temporary results, as they shrink the size of the polyps for a certain amount of time.
* In case of constantly recurring polyps, problems can be cured with surgical intervention. However this should be treated as a last resort when all other options have been exhausted.
There are various sinus home remedies that can be used to provide relief from nasal polyps-related sinusitis. These remedies are highly efficient and do not cause any harmful side effects.