Nowadays, constipation is very common for whatever live in the city, especially in the big cities where the people have little time to prepare their meal. They always want to have an instant food or fast food which has little fiber in it. Constipation is not a disease, but it is a symptom of decreasing bowel function like infrequent bowel movement, incomplete evacuation of bowel and lack of secretions / excretion and it is very unpleasant to have constipation. I think you know what I mean, Do you? In this article I want to share about how to treat constipation with home remedies which you can find it at home and use it right away.
When we want to treat a disease / symptom, we have to know the cause of the disease. Constipation can be caused by a few factors from your life style:
– Often ignoring to your body's signal to defecate
Your body already has a system to tell you when to excrete the waste, but in this modern time, people sometimes postpone and ignoring the signal to catch up with their work. As my mother always said, if you do not heed the small knock then the big hammer will bash you. Then you will get constipation for ignoring the body's signal to defecate.
– Insufficient liquid intake, too little fiber, not enough exercise and bad bowels
To have an easy bowel movement, you need water and fiber to soften the excrement, you also need to have enough exercise to improve the performance of digestive system and abdominal muscles, have a good bowel habit like sitting on the toilet for 10 minutes after meal will condition your colon to act as nature intended.
– Some particular diseases like hyperacidity, diabetes, colitis, sluggish liver and tumors
May also effect constipation indirectly, but it is reversible when you have overcome the disease. Besides that stress and tension can also cause constipation by disabling the digestive system.
By the way I will share a few things I do to treat constipation from my experience:
- Drink a lot of water (2-3 liters) in the morning before you eat anything / empty stomach.
- Eat juicy and high fiber fruits and vegetables like papaya, carrot, mango at the night before, they will certainly relief you from constipation in the morning.
- Consume a lot of figs dipped in water and taken in the morning time can treat Chronic constipation
As you know, constipation can be treated by home remedies, like fruits and vegetables, but the best thing to do is to consume a lot of high fiber fruits and vegetables everyday, you will feel good and that that you can get sufficient intake of nutrition to maintain your health.