A Hair Raising Tale!
Loss of hair is a common and recurring problem that today’s generation is facing. It not only threatens you day in and day out but can also put your career at risk. And surely you might have had nightmares if you saw yourself bald in the mirror. In such cases, you can opt for many cosmetic surgeries that are prevalent these days. The most popular among them is hair transplantation. But have you ever pondered on whether or not your hair will grow at a faster rate after hair transplantation. Well, there is still cloud about whether hair grows back after undergoing the treatment. To answer such a query let us venture on this step-by-step journey of how to increase hair growth rate after hair transplant. After all you deserve to have a clear idea on this, since you have invested a ransom for your kidnapped hair.
Hair Transplant Follow Up – A Step by Step Guide
These 7 Steps will acquaint you with what you should do or not do with your hair after hair transplant:
Step 1: Cleansing and Managing Hair
- Shampooing is important to prevent scabs from appearing around the hair shaft.
- Gentle washing with lightly flowing water and a patting motion is permissible. Vigorous rubbing, however, will dislodge the grafts.
Step 2: Eating & Drinking
- Diet factor plays a very vital role in growing hair. Have foods that are of high protein content. It helps to keep your hair in healthy condition. Your diet chart should have fish oil, spinach, walnuts, almond and fruits.
- Plenty of water is one of the best things that you can do to save your hair form getting lost further.
Step 3: Medicines
- Try to have Vitamin B6 capsules as supplements. There are several other quality and effective capsules in that you can get prescribed by your doctor or form the local drug store.
- You can try having Finasteride. It is the best medication. Herbs are not particularly effective for hair loss. Use of Epinephrine may mitigate shedding somewhat, as claimed by experts at Bernstein Medical.
Step 4: Fashion – On Hold
- Keep at bay all the fashion statements. Do not indulge in hair styling or fiddling with your hair.
- Do not blow dry your hair. Try to air dry it naturally instead of rubbing with a towel.
Step 5: Check Skin Problems
- If white specks appear on your scalp, and they may tend to get hydrated when you undergo a transplant. This should not cause you to worry, as they heal off on their own.
- If pimples occur, let them resolve on their own. Do not scratch the pimples. If they persist it is better to see a doctor.
Step 6: Other Measures
- Protect your scalps from the sun for about a month. You should wear a hat or a good sunscreen when outdoors.
- You can resume moderate exercise two days after the hair transplant. You can massage your scalp after ten days post operation,
- If you are a habitual smoker, you should have to wait for at least 10 days after operation. The longer time you take the better results you will see.
Step 7: Things You Need to Know: On Hair Growth & Hair Fall
- After the hair restoration procedure, the transplanted stubble sheds off and then new growth starts within three to four months post surgery. When the newly transplanted hair starts shedding, the growth process of the hair becomes varied asynchronous. Typically, growth occurs in waves so that initially some areas will have more hair than others. Over the course of a year the cycles will even out and the hair will thicken to its last diameter.
- When you undergo a hair transplant, doctors do not guarantee to control your stress. Hence, post surgery, if you find some shock hair loss; understand it is a normal physiologic response to stress.
- It generally takes a year to see the full hair growth results. Between the sixth and eighth month the hair transplant starts to become comb-able. Over a period of one year, the hair gradually gains thickness, and the length increases. Overall the entire character of the hair might undergo some change. During this time the hair tends to become silkier, less tangled.
To end, hair transplantation is an important landmark in your life. The hair replacement surgeries are easily performed on women than on men. Since women have more follicles in the donor area than men, it is easier for doctors to do this transplant treatment. The result is often better, when compared with men. It is always advised to get the best surgeon for you to undergo such crucial surgeries. In a nutshell, cosmetic surgeries come with best results, when you measure all the pros and cons. When the correct assessment meets a successful surgery, followed by the apt post surgery care and maintenance, you tend to get the desired results. Hair growth is a part of our natural body process. With surgeries such as these, you can see side-effects. But the readily available treatments often restore and balance the natural growth of your hair.