Fever blisters, also known as cold sores, are outbreaks caused by the Herpes Simplex type-1 Virus. These can sometimes last up to 30 days and during this time cause significant discomfort and sometimes even pain. Unfortunately, as there is no cure for the virus yet, the only thing than can be done is to cure the symptoms – the cold sores. This can be quite hard an nerve-consuming sometimes, but this article is going to give you a few hints on how to heal cold sores in three days.
Nonetheless, the best thing to do is to avoid coming into contact with the virus and thus not contracting it. This however, is very hard to achieve due to the virus' capacity to spread from person to person. You can contract the virus by merely using the same towel or fork with an infected person, not to mention kissing or oral sex …
In case you do contract the virus however, you must not letting it perform its symptoms and just let it stay there in a dormant state. What you need in order to do this is a strong immune system and key to having this is avoiding stress and eating a healthy diet.
In the unfortunate case the fever blisters do show up, it is best to fight them from the moment you notice them. Here are the some important rules you should follow when you want to know how to heal cold sores in three days:
1. Keep the cold sore area dry. Cleaning and drying the are with a towel as often as possible is essential. For a cold sore to continue its regular symptoms, it thrives on moisture and dirt. Keeping the fever blisters clean and dry, will make them heal faster.
2. After noticing an outbreak near your mouth, it is advisable to change your toothbrush. The virus is known to being able to hold on to the toothbrush and make it's way back into the mouth of the infected even after the cold sore is treated and thus causing it to come back. And in case you use the toothbrush to get toothpaste out of the tube you should also buy a new toothpaste.
3. Another useful thing is to introduce as many potatoes and dairy products into your diet. These contain amino acids that help reduce the symptoms of the virus.
4. You can also try some natural remedies such as lemon balm, tea tree oil or even tea bags to the affected area since these have powerful antiviral properties which will help you dry out those sores faster.
5. Last but not least, try to avoid stress as much as you can. Try to avoid eating unhealthy food and make sure you reserve some time for exercise as well.