Cold sores are the commonly known symptoms of the Herpes Simplex type-1 Virus, or HSV-1. Anyone who has had these outbreaks knows how embarrassing and even painful they can be. And treating them can be quite time, nerve and even money consuming. Having a lifespan of up to 20 or more days, and the capacity to spread out into a big outbreak, cold sores can make your life miserable. But what if i told you how to get rid of your cold sores in 3 days?
Of course, the best thing to do is to avoid contracting the virus in the first place. However, since it can be transmitted through direct contact such as kissing, oral sex, or touching and indirect contact like using an infected person’s glass, towel or toothbrush this is quite hard to achieve.
It is also best to avoid stress. The Herpes virus takes advantage of moments of extreme stress, when the immune system is weakened and thus making you more vulnerable.
In case you do contract the virus and notice an outbreak, it is always best to try combating it from the very beginning. After noticing any outbreaks, it is vital to keep the symptoms contained. Not doing so could cause the cold sore to last up to an entire month but there are ways on how to get rid of your cold sore in 3 days.
Here are some simple rules on how to get rid of cold sores fast:
1. Keep the cold sore dry and clean! The virus needs a moist environment in order to live, thus it is vital to have the area cleaned and dried as often as possible. Using some antibacterial soap and then patting the area with a towel (make sure nobody else uses it) could make a big difference.
2. It is also a good idea to change your toothbrush. The virus can contaminate the brush and then get into your system again even after being treated and thus causing possible outbreaks again. Changing the toothpaste tube might also be a good idea if you use the brush to squeeze it out.
3. Another useful thing is to introduce as much amino acid lysine into your diet as possible. This can be done through pills which you can find at your local drugstore (do not use if you are pregnant or nursing) or by eating more potatoes or dairy products.
4. You can also applying some natural “medicine” such as tea tree oil, tea bags or lemon balm to the affected area. These have powerful antiviral properties which can shorten the lifespan or the cold sore.
5. Last but not least, try avoiding stress. Get enough exercise, eat a well-balanced diet and try to get as much rest as you can.