Want to know how to get pregnant with twins naturally without having to use fertility drugs? Thanks to advances made in medical science there are a number of natural supplements which can increase the probability of your giving birth to twins. Here are a few tips on how to get pregnant with twins.
• Choose a partner who is a twin. Twins are more likely to have fraternal twins. Hence partnering with a twin can enhance your chances of having a multiple birth. Twin births tend to run higher in certain blood lines than others.
• Women who are a few pounds overweight have greater chance of giving birth to twins. However, it would be unhealthy to put on too much of excess weight. It would suffice if you are just few pounds overweight.
• Include plenty of dairy products in your diet. Dairy has been shown to increase twin conceptions by 7 times the normal rate. The fat content in dairy products is cholesterol which helps in stimulating production of progesterone. This increases hyper-ovulation and also the chances of two eggs begin fertilized at the same time.
• Research studies have shown that women in the age group of mid or late 30s are more likely to conceive twins naturally.
• Add wild yams to your diet. Research has indicated that Cassave, a type of sweet potato or yam is a form of progesterone which is a hormone involved in the female menstrual cycle. The skin of this variety of yam contains a chemical which triggers hyper-ovulation. Other foods which can cause hyper-ovulation include soy isoflavones, whole grains, tofu, walnuts and wheat germ. So, if you are seriously looking out for natural ways on how to get pregnant with twins make sure you include these foods in your diet.