Hair loss is the most common problem nowadays, that people face all over the globe. While there are hundreds of cosmetics, shampoos, oils and chemicals that boast of hair loss prevention, the natural hair loss remedies are no less in providing hair loss solutions. As much as we might try to avoid talking about it, hair loss is a common affliction that affects both men and women. If you are experiencing mild to moderate hair loss, there are a few natural remedies you can try to slow hair loss and even promote new hair growth.
1. Coconut oil is also useful as a home remedy for hair loss. In half cup of coconut oil add some dry pieces of Indian goosebery (amla). Boil the mixture for some time and then let it cool for some time. Apply it to the scalp. This is very useful in preventing hair loss.
2. Use Essential Oils: Lavender and other essential oils when massaged to the hair helps promote hair growth. The essential oils have mild antibacterial properties and help soothe the scalp thus, helping in hair regrowth and stopping hair loss.
3. Eggs have often been used as a natural conditioner, but they can also be used to promote hair growth. Egg yokes are a natural source of protein, which aids in repairing damaged hair as well as promoting new growth. Simply beat an egg, pour the mixture over your head and let it sit for an hour. Then thoroughly wash it out. This can be performed weekly.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds to 1 cup of water. Boil the mixture. Cool it for 5minutes and then drink this concoction.
5. Aloe vera and coconut milk, when mixed together in correct proportion have been found to be useful in hair loss problems. Along with its many uses such as treatments for skin conditions and its healing properties, aloe vera is one of the best remedies for hair loss and is an excellent hair conditioner as well. Apply aloe vera gel on the scalp, leave on for fifteen minutes and then wash off with cold water. You can get the gel at many drugstores or obtain the fresh aloe gel from the plant itself.
6. Make a fine paste from the seeds of black pepper and lime or pigeon pea and red gram. Both cure baldness and hair loss although the former can be mildly irritating.
7. Fenugreek Seed Paste for Hair: A paste of ground fenugreek seeds mixed with water is one of the best remedies for hair growth. This home remedy for hair growth helps slough off the dead cells and allows the hair to growth effectively.
8. Well-balanced food, rich in iron, vitamins, proteins and nutrients along with plenty of water, sleep and exercise is good for hair.