It is a well-known fact that allergies can not be cured completely but there are several allergy medications that can provide you temporary relief from them. They definitely can ease the annoying symptoms by increasing your body immunity against allergens but are not a permanent solution for their treatment.
In order to deal with allergies it is advised to completely stay away from the substances you are allergic to. But what to do when it is not possible to avoid the contact of allergens? In that case a proper diagnosis and treatment becomes necessary under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
For finding a solution and knowing appropriate allergies medication, it is important to know the exact symptoms and factors that cause allergy. Here is a list of most common symptoms of allergy that can help you in finding out what exactly is happening with you in order to get an appropriate solution:
Symptoms Of Allergy
- Sneezing, coughing, wheezing, swelling of nasal that affect your nose and throat.
- Redness, itching, pain, conjunctivitis and irritation in your eyes that decrease your ability to focus.
- Rashes, redness, itching, eczema, white spots on skin that make your skin look dull.
- Pain in ear or deposition of dirt can result into impaired hearing.
- Vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, queasiness, food poisoning, etc.
Factors Causing Allergy
- Dust, dirt, sand and pollens affect your nose, throat and eyes and cause sneezing, coughing, wheezing and irritation and redness in eyes.
- Stored food, uncovered or unhygienic food items can cause abdominal pain, vomiting, food poisoning, etc.
- Medications like aspirin, penicillin, antibiotics can cause various skin problems.
Allergy medications depend upon the symptoms and factors of allergy. Knowing about them does not mean that you take medications on your own and without consulting your healthcare provider.
Types Of Allergy Medications
These are commonly used drugs which are available in the form of pills, nasal sprays and liquid that can relieve itchy eyes, irritation in nose and throat. With this, take all other necessary precautions like covering your nose with handkerchief or a face mask and wearing goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes.
However, these drugs also have some side effects. You can experience drowsiness, anxiety, fatigue and dry mouth.
These allergy medications are also available in the market in both liquid and solid forms. Nasal sprays and eye drops are also available but should not be considered for long-term use as they can worsen the symptoms. They are a short-term solution and therefore, excess use should be avoided.
People having blood pressure problems or sleeping disorders should completely avoid them as even normal people can find difficulties in sleeping while consuming these drugs.
These allergy medications are available in the form of pills, inhalers and sprays, which are highly effective in treating the symptoms of itchy eyes, running nose and stuffiness in throat.
As they are to be taken regularly and for a long period of time, they may cause high blood pressure, increase in body weight, muscles weakness, diabetes, etc.
In addition to above, there are several other allergy medications available in the market today. But it is recommended to use them under a reputed medical practitioner. These medications can give temporary relief from the allergy symptoms but can not be taken as a permanent solution.