Healthy nails have a pinkish texture while an infected nail appears to be yellow or brown in hue. So if your nail appear yellow to you then it is a vital sign that you have conceived infection. Nail fungus is biologically known as onychomycosis. The condition is caused by microscopic organism called dermatophyes that cause the nail to become pale, loose texture and become thicken on the surface. There are 7 things that are absolutely necessary whenever you treat your nail fungus infection.
– First of all you should know that nail fungus infection can be treated at any stage. There are several approaches of treatment of nail fungus. They can be treated orally by applying topical medicine over a period of time. Many home remedies, homeopathic creams, anti-fungal nail creams also provide effective remedies.
– In mild cases treatments are rendered only on the affected area. In cases where the fungus penetrates in to the lanula that is the moon shaped white area special treatment may be needed over a longer period of time.
– Mostly toe nail infection attacks a person along with Athlete’s foot as both are caused by the same fungal organism. The common places where the fungus thrives most are the moist and warm areas like swimming pools, public toilets, and communal shower areas and so on. Many patients have also reported of contracting the infection in parlors while receiving pedicure or manicure where the assistants have not properly disinfected the nail care tools.
– Yellow toenail condition can be easily treated if it is in the early stages. However, if the condition becomes progressive then it can cause disfigurement of nails which might look ghastly and can be also painful.
– Nail fungal infection is very common indeed and affects 8 percent of the population at any place.
– You have to be very persistent and consistent in treating nail infection. Topical treatment needs a routine application sometimes twice daily. It takes sometimes 6 months for fingernails to be treated and 12 to 16 months for toenails to be treated.