Homemade skin bleach seems to be a very popular remedy for a very nasty problem bothering both men and women alike. It does not matter how old you are, or what type of skin you have: dark spots, skin discoloration, sun damage will sooner or later make their ugly appearance on your face when you least expect it.
What can you do about it you might ask? – There is only one answer: Deal with it right away. Don’t wait for them to go away on their own. They won’t! I see another question coming up: Exactly how do I make my dark skin spots go away? Here you have some choices:
1) you can either make your own homemade skin bleach or
2) use a skin brightener with a good reputation and proven skin brightening effect.
Let’s look at option number one: homemade skin bleach. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a homemade skin bleach?
I would like to lay it right out for you: using your own home made skin bleach might seem like a great solution because:
- you can control what ingredient you are putting into the end product;
- you do not need to pay sometimes higher prices for a ready made skin brightener;
- if you are getting an adverse skin reaction to your homemade skin bleach you can easily adjust your recipe formula and try again until you see the desirable effect;
- you don’t need to spend any time on going to stores to buy yourself an over-the-counter skin brightener.
- Some important things to remember before using your own homemade skin bleach:
- Always clean your facial skin thoroughly prior to bleaching your skin
- Never apply skin bleach to your eye area or eye lids
- Remember: if you are bleaching your face skin, you should also bleach your neck. Otherwise you will get a funny looking difference between your facial skin and your neck skin color.
- If this is your very first time trying to use a homemade skin bleach, don’t do it right before (or shortly before) an important even like a birthday party, wedding, graduation, corporate party etc. Chances are the first time try will give you some unpredictable results as well as negative skin reaction. It might take a few days before your skin settles and the redness is gone!
How do I know all this you might ask? Because I’ve done it all myself. One day I complained to my best friend about a dark spot on my skin under my left eye and how much it was bothering me. She happily shared a “great and instant solution” for my irritating problem. She gave me her own proven homemade skin bleach recipe. I gladly followed her advice… and I did it the day before I had to go to a wedding. To make the story short: I wished I used my concealer instead!
I will give you just one more warning: if you skin starts to feel a bit of a burning sensation, it might be a normal reaction. But if you feel an intense burning feeling – remove your homemade skin bleach off your skin right away! As a great precaution method it is highly recommended to do a five minute skin test (on the inside of your arm) to make sure this procedure is right for your skin type.
If all this seems like something you might want to try on your own, you most certainly can. But if you are looking for a safer and many times proven alternative to a homemade skin bleach, you need to know that there are some good and even great safe, very effective all natural skin brighteners out there that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.