Deficiency of vitamin B complex is the main cause of tongue blisters. It may also be caused due to certain other factors such as: hormonal changes, anemia, allergies to food, vitamin deficiency, aphthous ulcers, viral infections, allergies to medicine, upset stomach, herpes simplex and other chronic diseases. It may make it difficult for a person to eat and can cause pain too.
There are several home remedies for tongue blisters which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the common home remedies are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for tongue blisters is to consume food rich in vitamin B on daily basis. Some of the food products rich in vitamin B are whole grains, eggs, salmon, liver and turkey.
2. You can even try baking soda or salt water rinse. All you need to do is take a cup of warm water and then add half teaspoon of salt or one teaspoon of baking soda in it. Mix this solution and rinse your mouth with it several times on daily basis. This will reduce the pain and inflammation and soothe the mouth.
3. Honey is considered to be one of the effective home remedies for tongue blisters. Just take a spoonful of honey and add a pinch of turmeric power in it. Mix them properly with your finger and then apply this mixture on your blister. You can repeat this procedure two or three times daily. This will reduce your blister within one or two days.
4. Take some diluted tea tree oil and use it as a mouthwash for three times a day. This will be very helpful in treating your tongue blisters.
5. Avoid consumption of spicy and acidic foods in order to prevent further infection or irritation. Do not eat extremely hot (temperature) foods. Drinking cold beverages and cold milk can make tongue blisters more tolerable. You can even try having ice chips, ice pops and ice cream.
6. Take equal parts of warm water and hydrogen peroxide and mix them together. Now using a clean cotton swab apply it directly to your blister and wait for two minutes until it takes effect. Or you can even try applying vitamin E oil, peppermint essential oil, witch hazel, antiseptic mouthwash or garlic oil. These are also equally beneficial.
7. If the tongue blister is causing too much pain then you can try using an ice. This will soothe the pain and give relief.
8. Avoid eating lot of sweets. Eating too much sugar can cause tongue blisters.
9. Keep yourself hydrated by drink plenty of water.
10. Garlic is also very helpful in treating blisters. Just chew some raw garlic and allow its juice to come in contact with the blister. You can even try to increase the content of onion, garlic and ginger in your diet.
11. Do not smoke and avoid chocolate, carbonated drinks and citrus juices.
12. You should avoid touching your blister and try to maintain a proper oral hygiene which will help in the quick healing of your blister and prevent them from happening again.
These were some of the efficient home remedies for tongue blisters which are cost-effective, safe and simple to use.